Corporate and Foundation Giving Coordinator - Development Dept. at PFLAG in W...
The Development Coordinator works with the Director of Development and other staff to assist in ensuring overall success of the Development Department with an emphasis on researching, cultivating, maintaining and strengthening PFLAG’s corporate and foundation partnerships.
PFLAG promotes the health and well-being of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender persons, their families and friends through: support, to cope with an adverse society; education, to enlighten an ill-informed public; and advocacy, to end discrimination and to secure equal civil rights. Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays provides opportunity for dialogue about sexual orientation and gender identity, and acts to create a society that is healthy and respectful of human diversity.
PFLAG is a national non-profit organization with over 200,000 members and supporters and over 350 affiliates in the United States. This vast grassroots network is cultivated, resourced and serviced by the PFLAG national office, located in Washington, D.C., the national Board of Directors and 13 Regional Directors.
Coordinates the development of strategies, with the Director of Development and other relevant staff, for soliciting corporate and foundation gifts
Coordinates the research, cultivation and solicitation of corporate and foundation funding, in collaboration with the Director of Development and other relevant staff
Organizes and executes the preparation, development and delivery of foundation and corporate foundation proposals and reports, in collaboration with relevant staff. This work including hands-on administrative duties associated with the research, preparation and delivery of the proposals and reports
Organizes and executes the creation and maintenance of a comprehensive list of corporate and foundation prospects and generates regular reports as deemed necessary by the Director of Development
Coordinates most day-to-day communication with corporate and foundation contacts, as assigned by the Director of Development, for the purposes of strengthening relationships, educating corporate and foundation partners and increasing support for PFLAG’s mission
Assists the Development Team and other relevant staff with periodic special events and related tasks, including events which involve corporate and foundation partners and prospects
Provides administrative support as needed
Performs other relevant responsibilities as directed by the Director of Development and/or her/his designees
- Operational knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or equivalent database systems
- Knowledge and demonstrated successful experience working with Microsoft Office (specifically Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- General Office Equipment
- Must possess outstanding writing and interpersonal skills with professional grant writing and reporting experience
- Ability to conduct online research for the purposes of identifying new corporate and foundation prospects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work independently on a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of staff, volunteers, members and donors
- Ability to conduct interviews with staff, volunteers, members and donors for the purpose of integrating relevant information into effective proposals and reports
- Knowledge and experience with grassroots membership organizations are highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in the fields of nonprofit fundraising, sales, marketing or communications
- Two years professional experience and demonstrated success in relevant aspects of fundraising, particularly in the area of corporate and foundation research, cultivation, proposal development and reporting
- Solid computer experience, including coordination of databases
- Ability to travel and work on weekends
- Fully-paid Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Smartbenefits, parking and biking benefits available
- Free 24/7 gym access in office building