PetRelocation.com Client Care Specialist at PetRelocation in Austin, TX
IMPORTANT: Applications must include cover letter. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
PetRelocation.com provides door-to-door transportation services for pets around the globe. No move is too great nor animal too exotic for our team and our extensive international network.
Being an animal lover is a prerequisite, not a plus. We are looking for individuals who not only love their pets, but are dedicated to using their experience and passion for helping our customers move the pets they love.
We handle everything from pre-export paperwork to international quarantine laws, from flight bookings to customs clearance. Shipments range from military dogs to Afghanistan, horses to Honduras, poison dart frogs to Switzerland, and thousands of mosquitoes to research labs.
There are many life circumstances that prompt customers to seek our services, including relocation for job opportunities, employment transfers, military assignments, retirement, and more. As a result, our approach to potential customers is almost entirely consultative.
After a lead is submitted to PetRelocation.com, a Consultant from our Sales Team is the first point of contact for the pet owner. The consultant will listen to the needs of the potential customer, and then tailor his/her recommendations for a solution based on the services we offer. Once a contract is closed, a Client Care Specialist assumes the role of orchestrating and executing the extensive logistics of the relocation. All team members are expected to put the utmost emphasis on the safety of the pets and the satisfaction of the customers.
We're looking to hire a responsible, resourceful, and detail-oriented professional who excels at planning and problem-solving. You should immensely enjoy researching, multi-tasking, and staying organized. If you can’t live without a calendar, an agenda, or a to-do list, then this position is for you.
Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills are required. So much of what you will do involves complex communication – to the customers about our services, to the agents to make international travel arrangements, to the vendors for making sure we provide the best animal care and transportation. You WILL be evaluated on grammar, punctuation, and spelling, so you should be a good writer and an even better speaker.
You will need to be comfortable and confident in your ability to handle constant change and frequent ambiguity because in a start-up like ours we must dynamically adapt to the challenges of doing business in a rapidly growing and ever-changing industry. However, this fundamental nature of our company means that there is always potential for vertical and lateral movement to different positions, based on demonstrated strengths in leadership, customer service, training, and organizational development.
Please note that our clientele includes many employees and executives at Fortune 500 companies, so candidates for this position should possess an extraordinarily high degree of professionalism. People with past experience in the hospitality industry and/or inside sales are especially desirable.
Much like a concierge at a luxury hotel, you will be responsible for expertly navigating our potential customers through this new, unfamiliar, and stressful event in their life. You will interact with potential customers both on the phone and over email, explaining what we offer, providing relevant resources, and making tailored recommendations. All the while, you will be gathering detailed information about them, their pets, and their upcoming move, which you will be tracking in our existing CRM. About half of your time will be spent communicating with customers, agents, and vendors, while the other half will be dedicated to researching and problem-solving.
Your position involves extensive communication with the customer to set expectations, deliver timelines and review documents. You will encounter a multitude of unpredictable external variables, including airline cancellations, government regulations, weather delays, and other unknowns. When things don’t go as planned, you must be able to maintain authority, reevaluate the plan, reassure the customer, and solve stressful situations with a smile.
Expectations and Objectives:
- Cultivating a high level understanding of the pet relocation and pet travel industries.
- Managing customer accounts using our existing CRM, including entering comprehensive data, setting timelines for tasks, and tracking progress for timely follow-up.
- Researching international requirements including country-specific government regulations, import/export laws, and airline routing.
- Coordinating with agents and vendors to put together travel timelines for clients’ pets.
- Maintaining contact with clients prior to their move to answer questions, review vet documents, and schedule pickup and delivery times.
- Updating clients on the status of their pet relocation, including flight departures, arrivals, delays, and other important move-day information. PLEASE NOTE: This will include occasional weekend and evening availability.
- Contributing new ideas and fresh energy to the Client Care Team
- 2-3 years of experience in customer service, account management, or equivalent area
- Prior experience in the hospitality industry is especially desirable
- Proficiency with Landslide or equivalent CRM is preferred
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Abundant energy, indefatigable enthusiasm and positive attitude
- Intelligent, resourceful problem-solver and multi-tasker
- Demonstrated ability to manage stressful, time-sensitive situations
- A strong, engaging phone presence
- Self-motivated with excellent follow-up and follow-through
- Competitive salary and benefits