Lead Web Designer at PeoplePerHour.com in Athens, Greece, Greece
PeoplePerHour.com is not for everyone. If you want a comfortable job, where you’re told exactly
what to do, where there’s little or no change, no confrontation, where you don’t have responsibility
or ownership then read no further.
We are a fast-growing global VC-backed business whose mission is to WOW our users by going above and beyond what they come to us for: to connect with others who can do their stuff. What gets us out of bed each day is making a difference to people’s lives by allowing them to find work in new and innovative ways. We only hire people who share that sense of purpose.
What we do
PeoplePerHour.com is a community marketplace that connects small businesses and freelancers
across the globe. We allow work to be done and transacted in a safe and trusted environment and
engage with one another in ways that make the journey as important as the result.
At PPH we are fanatical about our values. We have come from humble beginnings and realise that
what got us this far is hard work, determination and strict adherence to our core values.
- Passion & energy: going above and beyond what others expect of us.
- Trust: inspiring trust in others through accountability, commitment & ownership. Seeing things through to completion.
- Innovation: always questioning the status quo and embracing change.
- Teamwork: making an effort to bonding with the team like a family and communicate openly.
- Sense of urgency: doing more with less.
- Leadership: thinking about the next step and putting others first. Being proactive.
- Constant learning through observation, conversation and self-reflection.
- Putting the community first: getting under the skin of our users. Empathy is different to understanding.
- Having fun: being a bit wacky and individual.
- Always pushing higher and higher. Never give up.
We look for these in everyone we hire. If you are a superstar but don’t share these values you are not for us. Conversely if you are someone who doesn’t have the experience but you love punching above weight and going above and beyond in everything you do then we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a very talented, super-star designer who will head up Design and User Experience at PeoplePerHour.com. You will work closely with the CEO and the Head of Product to define and the User Interface owner of the product. You will lead user testing, user experience analysis, focus groups and research to drive innovation in the company through better design. As a leader in the business, your ability to install and drive the right culture is as important as the work you do.
We are currently going through a phase of re-designing the product so you will enter the business in a time, where you can really contribute and drive change.
Desired Skills & Experience
The ultimate applicant thinks about design from an extended sense: a philosophy and a process for driving innovation and radical change. You will get involved early working closely with the executive team and the users, challenge the status quo, conduct research using qualitative and quantitative input from the team and think radically to create innovation and install this culture in the whole team.
You will own the design template and blueprint of the company and will be responsible for communicating to the team what design means for the company, what it stands for and how it can be done such that we make our design blueprint an identifiable culture in the company.
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Minimum of 2 years in Web Design.
- Excellent knowledge of HTML / CSS.
- Very good knowledge of Adobe Photoshop & Adobe Illustrator.
- Solid understanding of navigation and GUI for maximising usability.
- Strong online portfolio with user – centred designs.
- Exhibit fanaticism about the personality and style of the brand.
- BSc in Web Design is preferred but not a prerequisite.
Salary: Strong Package + stock options
Relocation: expenses covered if needed