Office Manager / Executive Assistant (Part Time) at JetPens.com in San Jose, CA
JetPens is a growing online retailer, specializing in premium writing instruments and office supplies. We have been featured in Wired, New York Times, CNBC, and Daring Fireball.
We are looking for a responsible, detail-oriented individual as our Office Manager and act as an Executive Assistant to our senior management team. This is a part-time position, 12 ~ 15 hours per week.
- Monitor invoices and record expenses to ensure bills are paid in a timely manner
- Review employee timesheets and track employee PTO requests
- Assist with writing job descriptions, resume screening, and background checks for new hires
- Open, file, scan, and route snail mail and alert relevant departments
- Create filing systems to ensure security and confidentiality of data
- Purchase office supplies, snacks, office furniture, and various consumables
- Create and enforce office policies to maintain a clean, secure, and pleasant office environment
- Coordinate with property management on facilities maintenance
- Plan fun team-building events, company luncheons / outings, holiday parties, etc.
- Schedule, research, handle inquiries, and other administrative support for the executive team
- BA/BS degree
- Trustworthy, good judgment, and ability to exercise discretion with confidential information
- Excellent attention to detail and extremely organized
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Resourceful in maximizing value in procurement
- Strong numeracy
- Service oriented mindset
Hours & Rate:
- We are open Mon-Fri, 9-5:30pm. The ideal schedule is half day on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday each week.
- Rate: $15-20, DOE
- Benefits: 401(k) Retirement Plan with 4% Company Match
- Additional Perks: Employee Purchase Discounts, Company Parties, Free Snacks & Coffee
Please include cover letter & resume.