Director of Fulfillment Operations and Customer Service at PCOW Inc. in San J...
JetPens.com is an online retailer of specialty stationery products which include writing instruments and art supplies. Our innovative products have been featured in The New York Times and Wired. Since our website’s launch in early 2005, we’ve grown to a team of 15+ people. Our offices are located in north San Jose.
We’re looking for a seasoned operations leader who is interested in joining a small team and making big impact. Functionally, you will be overseeing the day-to-day activities of the order fulfillment, customer service and product content teams. Strategically, you will be heavily involved in the design and execution of business processes that aim to provide an excellent service experience to our customers, delivered in a cost-effective manner.
- Develop and analyze Key Performance Indicators to measure costs, productivity, and customer satisfaction.
- Create standardized policies and procedures. Drive change in processes to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Manage picking and packing processes to ensure quality and consistency in order deliveries. Create Standard Operating Procedures for fulfillment tasks, and oversee procurement of supplies including negotiating rates with vendors.
- Oversee shipment receiving processes and reconciliation of shipments to invoices to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Ensure warehouse and facilities are clean and well organized, including improvements to warehouse layout when necessary. Oversee cycle counts.
- Manage the customer service team, and resolve escalated issues. Standardize customer service policies and procedures.
- Oversee returns processing and monitor potential fraud and credit card activity.
- Ensure the content team produces first-class product photos. Standardize photo-taking procedures and help create product demo ideas.
- Oversee teams that collect product information and write product descriptions. Review product descriptions and spearhead improvements to existing product descriptions based on customer feedback.
- Engage and motivate team members, determine capacity and staffing needs, and direct recruitment and termination of personnel. Mentor and develop managers and high-potential individual contributors
- Communicate team needs and customer feedback to senior management. Communicate business requirements and software tool improvements to IT.
- 4+ years of management experience
- Data-driven and results-driven problem solver
- Must have a customer-service mindset
- Strong people management skills and judgment
- Exceptional process management ability
- BS/BA degree required
- Exceptional analytical skills and extremely detail-oriented
- Ability to manage multiple tasks / projects and consistently meet deadlines for deliverables