Physicist or Engineer, Thermoacoustics Systems Development at PARC, a Xerox c...
Experimental scientist with PhD-level experience in thermodynamics and heat transfer.
PARC is seeking an engineer or physicist for the Hardware Systems Lab. The successful candidate will be an outstanding experimental researcher supporting a thermoacoustics project in the Energy Systems Group.
• Physical modeling and model-based optimization
• Designing and building components of a thermal system, such as heat exchangers
• Designing and running experiments
• Designing mechanical systems
• PhD or equivalent experience in experimental physics, mechanical engineering, aeronautical engineering, aerospace engineering or a related field
• Experience in design and/or testing of macroscopic thermal systems, preferably Stirling or thermoacoustic systems , aeroacoustic engineering or coupled aeroacoustic/thermal phenomena
• Ability to quickly learn new physics and apply skills to a new field
• Comfortable working with wave equations and other similar differential equations
• Independent and highly-motivated with hands-on skills
• Excellent communication and written skills
• Experience with hands-on laboratory work, experimental problem-solving, data-acquisition and analysis
• Some familiarity with fluid dynamics
• Familiarity with some physics modeling package such as Comsol
• Familiarity with some computer language (C, C++, Java, Python, etc)
• Experience with high-pressure systems
• Experience in designing heat exchangers
• Experience with electronics
• Experience with kW-scale electrical systems
• Experience with Solidworks
• Experience with Delta-E
We offer a very competitive salary package and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K).
PARC employees enjoy the use of onsite health & fitness center and collegial dining at our onsite cafeteria. The PARC campus is in a spacious modern building in close proximity to the resources and opportunities of Silicon Valley and benefits from nearby leading universities such as Stanford and Berkeley. It is also close to many amenities, top schools, and outdoor activities (see http://www.parc.com/about/culture.html). PARC provides a highly diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (see http://www.parc.com/about/careers/).
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.