Software engineer -- Data Analytics Solutions at PARC, a Xerox company in Pal...
MS degree in Computer Science or related field with experience in data analytics.
The Intelligent Systems Lab at the Palo Alto Research Center (PARC) is developing data analytics solutions for government and commercial clients to transform large datasets into knowledge and decisions. We have an immediate opening for a software engineer. Job responsibilities will include the development of algorithms and software applications for data analytics, machine learning, and data mining. The new hire will work in teams on project that involve developing new data analytics technologies to solve problems in healthcare, financial services, transportation, and other fields. The new hire will contribute to developing working systems that can be run as pilots on client networks.
Desired attributes include:
- Proficiency in two or more of: Linux, Windows, Mac OS X
- Experience with the Python programming environment and the R statistics package
- Experience with data visualization, user interface design, user experience
- The ability to work directly with customers
- A desire to solve real-world problems
- The ability to work quickly and get new software in the hands of customers for early feedback
- Familiarity with machine learning methods, data analytics
- A master's degree in computer science or a related field.
- At least two years experience with Java programming
- Course level or hands on experience with databases and SQL
- The ability to work well in a team with a rapidly changing code base.
We offer a very competitive salary package and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K). PARC employees enjoy the use of onsite health & fitness center and collegial dining at our onsite cafeteria. The PARC campus is in a spacious modern building in close proximity to the resources and opportunities of Silicon Valley and benefits from nearby leading universities such as Stanford and Berkeley. It is also close to many amenities, top schools, and outdoor activities (see http://www.parc.com/about/culture.html). PARC provides a highly diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (see http://www.parc.com/about/careers/).
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.