Senior Systems Implementer / Systems Architect at PARC, a Xerox company in Pa...
B.S. in Computer Science or related field with experience in building web applications and proficiency in at least one programming language
About the Job
PARC’s Intelligent Systems Lab is looking for an experienced implementer and architect of back-end systems in our TAO area (Theory and Technology for Agile Organizations).
- Follow best practices for new projects including unit tests, continuous integration, code structure, data modeling, DB access, messaging, caching, packaging (Maven, NPM, distutils).
- Quickly stand up prototype web and mobile applications.
- Integrate with enterprise systems (WSDL, REST, JMS/AMQP)
- Set up database servers/clusters, design application schema and indices, and negotiate performance tradeoffs.
- Architect applications for cloud deployment (OpenStack).
- Work as a member of multi-disciplinary creative teams including anthropologists, ethnographers, graphic designers, and specialists in machine learning, data mining, modeling and simulation, information visualization, cognitive psychology and hardware designers.
- Experience building distributed, production-grade web applications.
- Proven ability to learn and integrate new technologies.
- Excellent understanding of distributed computing concepts and networking principles.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP)
- Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, or CFEngine.
- Contributor to open source.
- Experience with web and mobile development platforms (HTML/CSS, JQuery, iOS, Android)
We offer a very competitive salary package and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K). PARC employees enjoy the use of onsite health & fitness center and collegial dining at our onsite cafeteria. The PARC campus is in a spacious modern building in close proximity to the resources and opportunities of Silicon Valley and benefits from nearby leading universities such as Stanford and Berkeley. It is also close to many amenities, top schools, and outdoor activities (see http://www.parc.com/about/culture.html). PARC provides a highly diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (see http://www.parc.com/about/careers/).
About the group
PARC’s Intelligent Systems Laboratory (ISL) research organization is unlike any other. Combine the best of an esteemed research group, a top-notch university, an entrepreneurial startup, and a premiere technology company and you get ISL. Our group melds its world-class innovation chops with researching and developing real-world applications that have market potential, focusing on creating new business options and opportunities. We’re driven to get our ideas out of the lab and into the world, and we need superb research talent to make that happen.
TAO innovates in information services for smart organizations. Working with Xerox Services, we start with customer engagements and iterate in agile development cycles (and development teams) to products. We strive to boost the performance of forward-looking organizations, providing compelling experiences for our users on modern mobile and web platforms. We are currently engaged in creating research-enabled information systems in several industries including healthcare providers and urban departments of transportation.
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.