Research Internships in PARC’s Security Group at PARC, a Xerox company in Pal...
PhD student with experience in simulations and experimental measurements
About the Job:
We are looking for bright and qualified PhD students for a summer research internship in the Security Group at PARC. Topics of the internship will involve research and development in some of the following areas:
- Security in Next-Generation Content Centric Internet Architectures
- Privacy-oriented Cryptography for Information Sharing/Retrieval
- Calculation over encrypted data
- Security of mobile devices and applications
- Enhancing usability, security, and privacy in authentication and identity management systems
- Security applications of machine learning
Responsibilities depending on the project may include:
- Familiarizing with prior work (e.g., identifying related security threats and countermeasures) and recognizing open problems
- Collaborating with researchers in other areas, such as, networking, ethnography, machine learning, bioinformatics
- Perform a threat analysis and formalizing adversarial model
- Implement proposed technologies in a format that is easily presentable to clients, academia, and the open source community.
The ideal intern will possess:
- Strong security and privacy background
- Ability to perform research work
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Experience with simulations and experimental measurements
- Previous experience (and ongoing interest) in writing a high quality research paper
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.
As one of the most prolific innovation centers in the world, PARC offers an exceptional internship experience. Considered valuable members of our community, interns are fully integrated into the daily activities of PARC's highly collaborative, multidisciplinary culture.
For more information on the PARC internship program visit http://www.parc.com/internship