Mechanical Engineer at PARC, a Xerox company in Palo Alto, CA
BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering with hands-on design experience in a product development or manufacturing environment.
About the Job:
PARC is seeking a talented and driven mechanical design engineer. In this position, you will be responsible for the design and integration of complex systems and parts across a wide range of applications. The ideal candidate will be able to perform engineering analysis, detailed drawings/specifications, concept implementation and troubleshooting problems with a low level of supervision. Working with interdisciplinary teams, you will apply your knowledge of mechanical design and electronics to invent, fabricate, and test complex systems. The successful applicant will be proficient in mechanical design and analysis, prototyping, a wide range of manufacturing processes, electro-mechanical systems, 3D CAD, and system fabrication.
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering and 5+ years of work experience in a product development or manufacturing environment
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical design, mechanics and material science concepts, fluid dynamics, stress analysis, and system integration
- Basic knowledge of circuit design and electronics
- Experience working with and managing vendors for part fabrication
- Experience designing with 3D CAD software, preferably Soildworks, to create complex assemblies and parts
- Experience with GDT fundamental and ASME drafting standards
- Ability to clearly communicate design rationale and results
- Experience planning and executing on prototype build plans
We offer a very competitive salary package and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K). PARC employees enjoy the use of onsite health & fitness center and collegial dining at our onsite cafeteria. The PARC campus is in a spacious modern building in close proximity to the resources and opportunities of Silicon Valley and benefits from nearby leading universities such as Stanford and Berkeley. It is also close to many amenities, top schools, and outdoor activities (see http://www.parc.com/about/culture.html). PARC provides a highly diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (see http://www.parc.com/about/careers/).
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.