Ionic Liquids Applications – Post-Doctoral Researcher at PARC, a Xerox compan...
Exceptional recent PhDs with at least 2 years of extensive experience dealing with Ionic Liquids in any field of application are invited to apply for an RA or PostDoc position in PARC's Ionic Liquids Applications program.
PARC has an active program, supported by Government contracts and internal funding, exploring novel applications for Ionic Liquids, such as sensors, electrochemical, thermal and mechanical systems. The PostDoc is expected to be the prime contributor to some of these efforts, and would invent and lead new applications. The PostDoc will interact and collaborate with other experts at PARC in a diverse range of fields, including physics, materials science, chemical engineering, electrochemistry, instrumentation engineering and mechanical engineering.
The position is open for multidisciplinary novel applications and products based out of ILs. Candidates with experience in IL applications are strongly encouraged to apply. Exceptional candidates with IL synthesis background, but with ideas for novel applications, will also be seriously considered.
- Hands-on wet-lab fume-hood work, contributing to existing IL projects.
- Characterization of ILs with commercial and custom instruments.
- Perform laboratory investigations into the applications of ionic liquids and other novel electrolytes.
- Publish patents and scholarly articles.
- Ph.D. in physical or chemical sciences.
- At least 2 years of active hands-on research on multidisciplinary IL applications.
- Must have experience with wet lab/fume hood chemistry. Familiar with safety requirements and practices in a chemistry lab.
- Experience with common electrical & electrochemical measurement instruments, such as multimeter, oscilloscope, cyclic voltammeter and power supplies.
- Experience of building a commercial product that incorporates ILs is a plus.
We offer a very competitive salary package and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K). PARC employees enjoy the use of onsite health & fitness center and collegial dining at our onsite cafeteria. The PARC campus is in a spacious modern building in close proximity to the resources and opportunities of Silicon Valley and benefits from nearby leading universities such as Stanford and Berkeley. It is also close to many amenities, top schools, and outdoor activities (see http://www.parc.com/about/culture.html). PARC provides a highly diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (see http://www.parc.com/about/careers/).
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.