Internship in Novel Materials Synthesis and Creation at PARC, a Xerox company...
Senior or MS-level student in materials science, chemical engineering, or chemistry
About the Job:
The Hardware Systems Laboratory at the Palo Alto Research Center (PARC) is seeking an exceptional summer intern to accelerate novel technology development in the area of soft matter and self-assembly. The role will involve designing and constructing test fixtures, executing experimental studies, and performing insightful analysis on a number of concepts at the interface of chemical engineering and colloid science. This is a role for an exceptionally versatile individual that is equally at ease building mechanical systems and doing wet chemistry.
• Rising senior or MS-level student in materials science, chemical engineering, or chemistry
• Significant lab experience with chemical and/or physical experimental methods to create new materials
• Available for a minimum period of 10 weeks
• Background in colloidal suspensions, polymer science, interfacial interaction and self-assembly
• Lab experience with chemical and physical methods for developing and characterizing functional particles
• Experience designing and constructing experimental fixtures and data acquisition equipment
• Ability to work for 6 months to 1 year.
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.
As one of the most prolific innovation centers in the world, PARC offers an exceptional internship experience. Considered valuable members of our community, interns are fully integrated into the daily activities of PARC's highly collaborative, multidisciplinary culture.
For more information on the PARC internship program visit http://www.parc.com/internship