Human Behavior Recognition from Wearable Sensors at PARC, a Xerox company in ...
PhD candidate in machine learning, data mining, or ubiquitous computing
About the Job:
PARC’s Contextual Intelligence group develops methods for modeling and predicting user behavior and intent from a variety of sensor data. The goal of this internship project is to build a prototype system for the real-time recognition of human behavior and tasks from wearable sensors in an enterprise setting. The sensors can include mobile phone sensors, on-body social sensors, and digital sensors. A platform for the fusion and combination of different sensor types will be available during the internship.
- Choice of appropriate sensors/device combinations including digital sensors for detecting target behaviors
- Help conduct small and potentially larger scale data collections using chosen sensors
- Construct and train robust models for real-time detection of target behaviors
- Evaluate constructed models on collected data sets
- PhD candidate in machine learning, data mining, or ubiquitous computing
- Expertise in signal processing and sensors fusion
- Familiarity with different machine learning methods and paradigms
- Experience with running large scale studies is a plus
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.
As one of the most prolific innovation centers in the world, PARC offers an exceptional internship experience. Considered valuable members of our community, interns are fully integrated into the daily activities of PARC's highly collaborative, multidisciplinary culture.
For more information on the PARC internship program visit http://www.parc.com/internship