Engineered & Self-Assembling Soft Matter at PARC, a Xerox company in Palo Alt...
Ph.D. in materials science, chemistry or chemical engineering and a minimum of 3-5 years of post-doctoral research experience
About the Job
We are seeking an outstanding experienced researcher in the area of self-assembly and engineered soft matter to catalyze a new soft matter research program in the Hardware Systems Lab. This program is aimed at enabling disruptive capabilities in a PARC-wide effort on next-generation manufacturing in addition to providing enabling materials technologies to existing energy, printed electronics and drug delivery efforts.
The successful candidate will have an exceptionally broad experience base in the areas of functional colloid particle synthesis and characterization as well as methods for their directed- and/or self-assembly, primarily at the micron to millimeter scale.
- Ph.D. in materials science, chemistry or chemical engineering and a minimum of 3-5 years of post-doctoral research experience
- Demonstrated experience in colloidal particle chemistry, synthesis, and formulations
- Demonstrated experience designing and performing chemical functionalization of colloidal particles in both aqueous and non-aqueous media with application to controlling colloid system structure formation and self- or directed assembly
- Experience with standard characterization methods of colloidal suspensions and polymer films including light scattering, rheological methods, light and scanning microscopy, surface characterization, SEM/TEM, etc.
- Experience in experimental realization of self- or directed-assembly
- Experience with 3D printing tools and method
We offer a very competitive salary package and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K). PARC employees enjoy the use of onsite health & fitness center and collegial dining at our onsite cafeteria. The PARC campus is in a spacious modern building in close proximity to the resources and opportunities of Silicon Valley and benefits from nearby leading universities such as Stanford and Berkeley. It is also close to many amenities, top schools, and outdoor activities (see http://www.parc.com/about/culture.html). PARC provides a highly diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (see http://www.parc.com/about/careers/).
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.