Electromechanical Technician / Mechatronics at PARC, a Xerox company in Palo ...
AS in Mechanical Engineering with strong skills in mechanical fabrication, troubleshooting, electromechanical systems, prototyping, manufacturing processes.
About the Job
You will be responsible for the mechanical and electrical fabrication and integration of complex systems across a wide range of applications, including but not limited to: energy systems, biomedical devices, and printing systems. Working with interdisciplinary teams, you will apply your knowledge of mechanical systems and electronics to fabricate, assemble, troubleshoot, and test complex systems. The successful applicant will have strong skills in mechanical fabrication, troubleshooting, electromechanical systems, prototyping, manufacturing processes.
- AS in Mechanical Engineering (or related field) and 5+ years of relevant technical experience
- Ability to work with minimal direction
- Ability to clearly communicate work progress and results
- Hands-on experience with part fabrication, and assembly using laser cutters, mill and lathe machines
- Basic knowledge of electrical circuits and basic electronics
- Basic experience working with computer aided data collection
- Experience working with vendors for part fabrication
- Experience designing with 3D CAD software, preferably Soildworks, to create complex assemblies and parts
- Knowledge of GDT fundamental and drafting standards
- Prior work experience in a product development, manufacturing or start-up environment is desirable
We offer a very competitive salary package and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K). PARC employees enjoy the use of onsite health & fitness center and collegial dining at our onsite cafeteria. The PARC campus is in a spacious modern building in close proximity to the resources and opportunities of Silicon Valley and benefits from nearby leading universities such as Stanford and Berkeley. It is also close to many amenities, top schools, and outdoor activities (see http://www.parc.com/about/culture.html). PARC provides a highly diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (see http://www.parc.com/about/careers/).
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.