Electrochemistry with ionic Liquids at PARC, a Xerox company in Palo Alto, CA
Exceptional students in the fields of chemical engineering, electrochemistry, chemistry, and instrumentation engineering are invited to apply for an internship in PARC's Ionic Liquids Applications program.
About the Job:
Students interested in performing their master's or diploma thesis on this project are encouraged to apply. Interns participating in his project will gain experience in a diverse range of fields, including chemical engineering, electrochemistry, mechanical engineering, physics, and materials science.
Interns are fully integrated into the daily activities of PARC's highly collaborative, multidisciplinary culture and have the opportunity to work with leading researchers, pursue independent projects, engage in different stages of the research or business-development pipeline, and receive authorship on publications and/or patents.
- Perform laboratory investigations into the electrochemical applications of ionic liquids and novel electrolytes.
- Background in chemical engineering, electrochemistry, chemistry. (Exceptional students in other fields are still encouraged to apply if they have a strong plus as described below).
- Must have experience with wet lab/fume hood chemistry. Familiar with safety requirements and practices in a chemistry lab.
- Experience with common electrical measurement instruments, such as multimeter, oscilloscope and power supplies.
- Should have completed at least 3 years of undergraduate study
- Prior experience with Ionic Liquids, cyclo-voltammetry and battery characterization is a plus.
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.
As one of the most prolific innovation centers in the world, PARC offers an exceptional internship experience. Considered valuable members of our community, interns are fully integrated into the daily activities of PARC's highly collaborative, multidisciplinary culture.
For more information on the PARC internship program visit http://www.parc.com/internship