Computational Design for Product Customization at PARC, a Xerox company in Pa...
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.
As one of the most prolific innovation centers in the world, PARC offers an exceptional internship experience. Considered valuable members of our community, interns are fully integrated into the daily activities of PARC's highly collaborative, multidisciplinary culture.
PARC has an internship available in Computational Design for Product Customization.
The Automation for Engineered Systems (AES) Area of the Intelligent Systems Laboratory at PARC is developing tools for a new, cloud-based innovation infrastructure for product customization. This position will assist in the development of an interactive product customization platform using computational design techniques in order to facilitate a crowd driven product development and manufacturing process.
- Develop generative product design representations and models
- Assist in the development of a product customization method
- Assist in the development of analysis methods for product fabrication
Graduate student in:
- Computer Science
- Architectural Design
- Industrial Design
- Engineering discipline.
- Familiarity with basic mathematical concepts for computational design
- Proficiency in geometric modeling and computational geometry methods
- Demonstrated practical skills with 3D generative modeling techniques
- Practical knowledge of 3D modeling tools
- Familiarity with WebGL
- Very strong programming skills
For more information on the PARC internship program visit http://www.parc.com/internship