Business Development Manager at PARC, a Xerox company in Mississauga, ON, Canada
The Xerox Research Centre of Canada is Xerox's specialty materials research centre. This centre combines chemistry, physics and engineering to enable the flow of materials from concept through to product.
Role is responsible for building the Research Center’s client services business. Through a thorough knowledge and understanding of the Research Center's core competencies, works closely with senior business management, scientists, and engineers, internal and external to Xerox, to identify business opportunities which complement these competencies. In addition, the role will support the development of the associated collateral(s) to assist in the selling process and ensure that revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
Role works collaboratively and strategically with all members of the Research Center's senior staff. Interfaces include technical teams, sales/marketing teams and external customers at the executive level. Role exercises a great deal of influence on how competencies within the Research Center are positioned to the external marketplace within the geography supported to drive profitable revenue for Xerox.
Identifies prospective business partners by analyzing market, potential opportunities, and financials. Evaluates and prioritizes options and proposes business deals which fit with the Research Center's competencies and also builds on the future direction of the research center.
- Participates in relevant trade shows and trade associations across Canada supported to share the Research Center's competencies to engage external clients.
- Works with customers and researchers to test market understanding and prioritize requirements with corresponding justification. Engages external specialists as required.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by examining risks and potentials as well as evaluating partners' needs and goals. Through this analysis and benchmarking, and working with the finance department, the candidate will develop pricing strategies.
- Develops multi-level relationships with target customers including top-level decision makers across all functions of a given business.
- Articulates and positions the full spectrum of the Research Center's competency offerings, and solutions to key departmental decision makers. Works closely with the Xerox Research Center team including operations, finance, and management assuring communication and input around these opportunities fit within the strategic direction.
- Identifies and develops the business case for new research programs, including market analysis, competitive analysis, financial models, and go-to-market strategies.
- Aids development of technology road maps supporting the client services business and, influences technology strategies by linking technology options to business value opportunities.
- Lead negotiator and business contact
- Closes new business deals to meet annual financial targets by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts and engaging specialists as needed.
- Supports the development of key messaging, sales tools and collateral of competencies for marketing.
Minimum Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline
Preferred Master's Degree in a technical discipline or MBA strongly preferred
Candidate Background: Skills, Knowledge & Ability:
- Minimum of five year's experience in business development in an industrial environment
- Experienced in account and / or business development, writing business plans and managing large scale, complex projects to successful completion
- Knowledge of materials science is an asset
- Has experience and a good understanding of business logic, packaging competencies for sale, and technical agreements including a good understanding of IP terms.
- Excellent organization skills: ability to deal with ambiguity and manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Able to demonstrate effective and successful contributions to team and/or cross-functional team objectives
- Comfortable dealing with customers at all levels of seniority
- Demonstrated experience in a customer facing role with strong negotiation skills
- Maintains positive working relationships with a network of technical peers, business partners and customers
- Demonstrates drive and determination to achieve objectives, overcoming obstacles to deliver results
Xerox is actively committed to building a diversified workforce. If you are looking for a career that offers ongoing challenge and growth, please apply online at: XRCC Business Development Manager
Website for Xerox Research Centre of Canada www.xerox.ca/xrcc. Email resume to bdxrccjob parc.com
We thank everyone for their submission and interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.