Anomaly Detection at PARC, a Xerox company in Palo Alto, CA
Graduate student in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Statistics/Math
About the Job:
The Learning, Inference, and Data Solutions (LIDS) group at PARC develops data analytics technologies for government and commercial clients to transform large datasets into knowledge and decisions. The group works on real-world large datasets in healthcare, financial services, and information security. We are seeking an outstanding student with expertise in machine learning, data mining, and experience in system building to develop anomaly detection algorithms and systems.
- Working on large datasets;
- Developing novel modeling and inference algorithms for anomaly detection; and
- Implementing algorithm into prototype systems
- Graduate student in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Statistics/Math.
- Solid background in machine learning and/or data mining.
- Good implementation skills, familiarity with python/Java programing,
- Previous experience with large datasets, familiarity with database operations (MySQL, Oracle).
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.
As one of the most prolific innovation centers in the world, PARC offers an exceptional internship experience. Considered valuable members of our community, interns are fully integrated into the daily activities of PARC's highly collaborative, multidisciplinary culture.
For more information on the PARC internship program visit http://www.parc.com/internship