Analysis of Relational and/or Social Network Data at PARC, a Xerox company in...
Graduate student in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Statistics/Math
About the Job:
PARC is conducting research on analyzing real-world relational datasets, for instance, social network data between users, or business relationship between groups or individuals. The goal of this research is to build statistical models to describe real-world relational data and inference algorithms to derive conclusions from data and make predictions. We are seeking an outstanding graduate student with background in social network analysis and statistical modeling/inference to work with us on this problem.
- Deriving a feature set from relational data
- Building statistical models from relational data, including training and testing
- Building inference algorithms and/or data visualization techniques
- Graduate student in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Statistics/Math.
- Solid background in social network analysis or statistical modeling/inference.
- Good implementation skills, previous experience with building prototype systems
- Familiarity with sociology preferred by not required.
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.
As one of the most prolific innovation centers in the world, PARC offers an exceptional internship experience. Considered valuable members of our community, interns are fully integrated into the daily activities of PARC's highly collaborative, multidisciplinary culture.
For more information on the PARC internship program visit http:\\www.parc.com\internship