Software Development Internships at Packet Forensics in Virginia Beach, VA
Software Development Internships
Location: Virginia Beach, VA. (one block from the oceanfront)
Please Note: This is an on-site position and remote applicants will not be considered. No third parties. Applicants only.
Our company develops specialized equipment and software for enterprises, telecom network operators and law enforcement organizations world-wide. We value a strong work ethic, professionalism, dedication to quality customer service and a friendly attitude. Applicants with a strong desire to learn and grow do very well within our organization.
We're looking for interns in our software development laboratory. The ideal candidates are motivated students working toward a computer science or computer systems engineering degree or advanced degree. Candidates should be ambitious students who are looking to obtain real world experience in advanced networking software development.
This internship is also available during the summer! Who wouldn't want to spend time at the beach during the summer?!?
- EXCELLENT communication skills and professionalism
- Familiarity with installing BSD or Linux operating systems and adding/removing packages
- Familiarity with configuring networking on hosts, routers and firewalls
- Knowledge of network security concepts such as malware, bot-nets, etc.
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Writing skills
- US Citizenship
- College degree(s), especially in computer science
- Participation in organized sports (high school or college teams)
- Familiarity with databases and SQL
- Experience writing technical documentation
- Experience with wireshark or other protocol analyzers
- Experience with software quality assurance testing
- Programming skills, even scripting
- Experience self-managing your time is a plus worth touting
- No prior professional experience required
- 2+ years of technical experience required
- $13-$21 per hour based upon experience and availability
- Energetic work environment (fun)
- Growth stage
- Domestic and international customers
- Challenging, fulfilling work
Packet Forensics develops specialized network equipment and software for enterprises, telecom network operators and law enforcement organizations world-wide. Our unique experience in the areas of communications and major carrier network operations give us a tactical advantage when developing complex security solutions. Read more at our web site.