Qt Software Developer - Focus on C++ Language at Packet Forensics in Virginia...
Qt Software Developer - Focus on C++ Language
Salary is commensurate with experience. Telecommuting OK.
Description: C++ Software Developer with 3+ years experience with Qt
We're looking for an experienced, multi-platform Qt/Trolltech/C++ software developer to join our development team. This is an opportunity to join a growth-stage company where you will be instrumental in architecting and developing software for advanced, high-speed network security applications.
You will be expected to work with us to design, code, test and deploy sound engineering solutions to complex problems. Your emphasis will be writing code in C++, but you should speak some tool languages too.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with coding within a complete system and not just inside an IDE. However, considerable experience with all facets of Trolltech's Qt is critical.
- Substantial knowledge of the C++ programming language including threads
- Substantial knowledge of the Qt platform and Trolltech libraries and development environment
- Working well within a diverse, highly-technical team
- Comfort moving around a UNIX environment and using tools (for example) like make, strace, gdb, awk, sed, etc
- Familiarity with various techniques for logging, storing and queuing data on a network, disk or memory system
- Familiarity with data persistence solutions and open source database platforms
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with raw sockets, or with common packet capture libraries (bpf, pcap, ncap, pf_ring)
- Experience developing software to interoperate within the specs of various RFCs or other standards
- Experience developing kernel device drivers
- Familiarity with SQL
- Involvement in any Free or Open Source software projects
- Experience with XML
- Experience with common Internet servers or services like bind, apache, djbdns
Packet Forensics develops specialized equipment and software for telecom network operators, law enforcement agencies and defense and intelligence organizations. Our unique experience in the areas of communications intercept and major carrier network operations give us a tactical advantage when developing complex security solutions. Read more at our web site.