Qt Software Developer - C++ Language at Packet Forensics in Virginia Beach, VA
Qt Software Developer - C++ Language
Salary is commensurate with experience. Telecommuting OK.
Description: C++ Software Developer with 3+ years experience with Qt
We're looking for an experienced, multi-platform Qt/Trolltech/C++ software developer to join our development team. This is an opportunity to join a growth-stage company where you will be instrumental in architecting and developing software for advanced, high-speed network security applications.
You will be expected to work with us to design, code, test and deploy sound engineering solutions to complex problems. Your emphasis will be writing code in C++, but you should speak some tool languages too.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with coding within a complete system and not just inside an IDE. However, considerable experience with all facets of Digia's Qt is critical.
- Substantial knowledge of the C++ programming language including threads
- Substantial knowledge of the Qt platform and Digia/Trolltech libraries and development environment
- Experience building Qt programs on Windows and Mac OS X
- Experience with XML
- Working well within a diverse, highly-technical team
- Comfort moving around a UNIX environment and using tools (for example) like make, strace, gdb, awk, sed, etc
- Familiarity with various techniques for logging, storing and queuing data on a network, disk or memory system
- Familiarity with data persistence solutions and open source database platforms
- Involvement in any Free or Open Source software projects
- Experience with raw sockets, or with common packet capture libraries
- Experience developing software to interoperate within the specs of various RFCs or other standards
- Experience developing kernel device drivers
- Familiarity with SQL
Innovative solutions from Packet Forensics are used by governments and businesses world-wide to defend property and protect people. As a proud partner and supplier to many of the world’s most admired technical organizations, Packet Forensics is a recognized market leader in complex network monitoring and active network defense. Read more at our web site.