Location: Virginia Beach, VA - Relocation available to the right candidate
Background and Opportunity:
Innovative solutions from Packet Forensics are used by governments and businesses world-wide to defend property and protect people. As a proud partner and supplier to many of the world’s most admired technical organizations, Packet Forensics is a recognized market leader in complex network monitoring and active network defense. You can read more at our web site.
Think of developing web applications at Packet Forensics as a way to work in various disciplines on a wide range of exciting, challenging and innovative assignments. This includes building innovative new products, managing the evolution of existing products to meet ever-changing customer needs and even finding new ways to accomplish what other organizations refer-to as "the impossible," as we help define the future of secure communications. We will work together to design, code, test and deploy sound engineering solutions to complex problems. Your emphasis will be writing front-end code primarily in PHP to interface with various databases and other applications.
At Packet Forensics our commitment is to satisfy the world’s need for game-changing communications security solutions. In individuals, we look for a high standard of performance, and understand that great ideas change the world. If you want to work with a group of ambitious and innovative professionals (like yourself), you should consider a career at Packet Forensics. We'll provide what's needed to put your ideas in motion, opportunities to advance your career and outstanding benefits and rewards to support your quality of life.
What makes you the perfect candidate? Send us a sincere narrative in your cover letter (not just a resume) to stand out from the crowd. We like cover letters because they tell us you're interested enough in the job to read the job description and respond completely.
The Day to Day:
- Develop front-end user interfaces for web applications people use every day
- Find ways to make the applications fun and natural in operation, so even first-time users intuitively know what to do
- Code within the complete system (not just inside an IDE), and drive its long-term architecture to better serve your customers
- Anticipate and solve tomorrow's problems based on customer feedback and your understanding of what they are trying to accomplish
- US Citizenship
- Substantial knowledge of the PHP programming language
- Familiarity with SQL
- Familiarity with jQuery
- Considerable experience with MySQL and other databases
Familiarity with various techniques for logging, storing and queuing data on a network, disk or memory system
- Familiarity with node (node.js)
- Familiarity with D3.js
- BS or MS in a scientific field or any field that promotes analytic thinking
- Experience with XML
- Experience with PERL and/or shell scripting
- Experience with database caching systems
- A track record of working well within a diverse, highly-technical team (you like nerds or are one)
- Mac OS X familiarity
- History of participation in organized sports (high school or college athletics)
- You actually believe the Government is here to help
Relocation available to the right candidate. Salary commensurate with experience.