Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Starting at $55k
Relocation available to the right candidate
Are you a PHP guru?
We want you! We're looking for an experienced, UNIX-platform web application developer to join our development team. An excellent opportunity to being part of cutting edge web applications for security advanced network security applications. You will be given the opportunity to showcase your skills while working on exciting and innovative projects.
We will work together design, code, test and deploy sound engineering solutions to complex problems. Your emphasis will be writing front-end code in PHP to interface with various databases and other applications, but you should speak some other languages too.
What makes you the perfect candidate? Familiarity with coding within a complete system (not just inside an IDE) and considerable experience with all facets of web development (including databases and message-passing schemes) is critical.
- Substantial knowledge of the PHP programming language
- Familiarity with SQL
- Familiarity with JQuery
- Considerable experience with MySQL and other databases
- Familiarity with various techniques for logging, storing and queuing data on a network, disk or memory system
- Familiarity with data persistence solutions and open source database platforms
- US Citizenship
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Involvement in any Free or Open Source software projects
- Experience with XML
- Experience with PERL
- Working well within a diverse, highly-technical team
- Comfort moving around a UNIX environment and using system tools like make, strace, gdb, awk, sed, etc
- Experience with common Internet servers or services like bind, apache, unbound, etc.
- History of participation in organized sports (high school or college teams)
Packet Forensics develops specialized equipment and software for telecom network operators and other commercial markets. You can read more at our web site.