Sr/Mid Infrastructure Engineer at Outright.com in Mountain View, CA
Who we are
Outright dramatically streamlines the work involved with running a small business by helping entrepreneurs organize their income and expenses, keep their businesses on track, and pay the right taxes. We help small businesses thrive in our connected world.
Outright was born when its founders, Ben and Kevin, vowed to end the struggle that millions of small business owners face daily: spending too much time and effort organizing their financial data.
They gathered a team of experienced, passionate Rails engineers that would make any high tech entrepreneur drool, and the small but growing, agile shop has been releasing weekly improvements to the Outright service since late 2008.
Outright’s office is in the heart of downtown Mountain View, where we take pleasure in a huge array of restaurants and bars, plenty of in-office athletics, and a healthy dose of hard work.
Check out http://github.com/outright and for some actual code. We value pair programming, TDD, and clean code. We are an entrepreneurial, self-motivated, and passionate team that loves to build great products.
We are looking for you to design, implement and maintain tools, libraries and infrastructure components. Work closely with engineering and operations to design, build, and maintain systems. You’ll also be debugging and solving site problems. Damn opinionated. If something isn't up to our level of quality, even if it's not what you’re working on directly, we expect you to make a stink and help us improve it. If you enjoy making world-class products and working with small team of highly talented developers, Outright.com is the place for you.
Are you a kick-ass coder?
Do you have…
- Significant experience writing object-oriented code
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, security, SQL databases, key-value stores
- An active github account with open-source contributions
- Automation is your bread and butter
- Experience with Chef or Puppet
- Comfortable in the shell
- Code using primarily Ruby
- Experience building fault tolerant, scalable systems
- Ready to help us scale over 10x in the next year
- As part of a small team, your opinion matters
- The solutions you find will help millions of small business owners maximize efficiency and grow their business
- Use cutting edge emerging technologies and design solutions
- Fully stocked kitchen with food, drinks, and beer, beer, beer
- Great salary and stock options
- Weekly TechTalks from industry leaders
- Frequent team bonding events and outings
- Make a difference!