Senior Software Engineer at OPSWAT in San Francisco, CA
Sr. Software Engineer (San Francisco, CA)
We are eager to hire and looking to fill this postion in the next 2-3 weeks at most!
Founded in 2002 OPSWAT is an industry leader in software management SDKs, interoperability certification and multiple-engine scanning solutions. With both software manageability and multi-scanning products, OPSWAT offers simplified and comprehensive SDKs that reduce time and costs for your engineering and testing teams. OPSWAT delivers:
- OESIS Framework, an open development framework that enables software engineers to develop products that manage thousands of third-party software application
- Multi-scanning products in the Metascan line, which optimize several anti-malware engines to scan for viruses simultaneously
- AppRemover, a free utility that enables the complete unistallation of antivirus applications.
The Sr. Software Engineer will work on the following tasks as well as others:
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine time and cost constraints
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and service issues.
- Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Delivering frequent product deployments in a fast paced Agile environment.
- Assist Product Managers in meeting the needs of customers
- Strong communication skills in English (written and verbal)
- Familiar with all stages of the SDLC
- Solid programming skills in C++ required (at least 5 years of experience)
- Experience programming with scripting technologies (python, perl, etc)
- Mindset for tackling challenges
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work well with others both as a team and as a mentor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Experience delivering cross-platform solutions (Windows, OS X, *nix)
- Experience with Lua a plus
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Understanding of low-level operating system principles
- Knowledge working with Visual Studio, XCode, and NetBeans
To learn more about the company, visit us at www.opswat.com.
Special consideration will be given to those candidates whose cover letter indicates that they have actually viewed our website. Please, no drop-ins, calls or faxes.