Jr. QA / Customer Support Representative at OPSWAT in San Francisco, CA
Jr. QA/Customer Support
Founded in 2002 OPSWAT is an industry leader in software management SDKs, interoperability certification and multiple-engine scanning solutions. With both software manageability and multi-scanning products, OPSWAT offers simplified and comprehensive SDKs that reduce time and costs for your engineering and testing teams. OPSWAT delivers:
- OESIS Framework, an open development framework that enables software engineers to develop products that manage thousands of third-party software application
- Multi-scanning products Metascan, MetaDefender for Media and MetaDefender for Secure Access, which optimize several anti-malware engines to scan for viruses simultaneously
- AppRemover, a free utility that enables the complete unistallation of antivirus applications.
- GEARS, a cloud-based network management and monitoring
- SVD, a tool that allows you to browse the Internet safely and anonymously.
The Jr. QA/Customer Support Rep serves as the head of customer support and will receive escalated, complex and politically hot customer issues and will be responsible for maintaining ownership of the issue until it is completely resolved. Furthermore, he/she will be responsible for managing customer expectations by developing action plans and communicating plans to all involved parties. They will serve as a mentor for the customer support team and be a key resource in the interviewing/selecting of new team members.
- Must have some sort of technical background. In your cover letter please list four methods used to uninstall an application on Windows OS
- Desire to act as a central point of contact for customer issues and resolution and wear many hats
- Highly organized
- Ability to handle high pressure situation
- Strong reading and writing skills to reproduce and document customer issues
- At least 1 year working in a customer support position
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Windows Operating System, UNIX, Linux and Mac
- Knowledge of various scripting languages (Perl, Bash, etc).
- Familiarity various programming languages such as C++
- A.A. in Information Technology, Computer Science, or other related degree
- B.S. in Information Technology, Computer Science, or other related degree
- Good presentation skills.
OPSWAT offers competitive salaries and benefits packages. This position will work from our headquarters in San Francisco, CA, conveniently located next to BART, CalTrains, and MUNI. To learn more about the company, visit us at www.opswat.com.
Special consideration will be given to those candidates whose cover letter indicates that they have viewed our website. In your cover letter, please list four methods used to uninstall an application on Windows OS. Please, no drop-ins, calls or faxes.