Software Developer Intern at OpenSesame in Portland, OR
Software Developer Intern
We are looking for a few good people to help us rock the boat in the eLearning industry with a brand new service. We have a great team and a friendly place to work where we enjoy the freedom to innovate with a variety of technologies in an exciting start-up environment.
Working in our Extreme Programming / Agile software development team, you will utilize test driven development, paired programming, and a host of other practices to develop a game changing application for the eLearning industry.
If you are a self-starter with an inquisitive mind and track record for delivering excellent results that thrill your customers and teammates, then we may have an opportunity for you... however, we are unusually selective about who we ask to join our team.
- Participate in development of our game-changing application for the eLearning Industry
- Research and implement strategies for processing and manipulating eLearning Content
Our start-up environment requires an imaginative thinker with the ability to work independently on simultaneous projects and the ability to collaborate effectively with other team members.
We do not hire based on specific buzzwords, technologies, or popular acronyms on your resume. Today we use C#, Visual Studio, PHP, MySQL, Drupal, Puppet, and CruiseControl. Tomorrow we may use something else. Whatever technologies, languages, or software programs you have learned, we expect you have mastered them in depth. In addition, we expect you to master and new technologies that may be brought on board in the future.
- Your friends and co-workers describe you as a programming genius and fantastic team player
- Highly adaptable
- Posses a people oriented, friendly can do attitude
- You love the XP Concepts: Paired Programming, Test Driven Development, etc.
- Your programming ability is way above average as demonstrated by a continuous string of successful projects and completion of at least one programming course or mastery of one language
- A desire to constantly develop new skills
- Permanent legal right to work within the United States
- Ability to work at least 20 hours per week. Ideally 30-40.
- Preference given to those who can work during the school year as well (less hours of course)
- This is a PAID internship