Fall Business Development & Search Engine Marketing Interns at OpenSesame in ...
www.OpenSesame.com, an award-winning Portland startup, is offering paid fall internship positions for qualified college and high school students.
Participants in this structured internship program will develop basic business skills, including customer relationship development, account management and marketing. You will specifically focus on two initiatives:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Interns will work with the marketing team to develop content for www.OpenSesame.com, learning web marketing and writing techniques.
- Business Development: Working with the business development team, interns will establish new relationships with buyers and sellers in OpenSesame’s ecommerce marketplace. Interns will learn how to establish new business relationships, nurture partnerships and maintain an organized approach to account management.
The compensation is $10/hour. OpenSesame offers flexible hours, but interns must complete a minimum of 200 hours of work between September 1 and December 31st (preferably at least 15 hours/week). Interns who complete at least 200 hours of work will be eligible for performance-based bonuses.
- College students or recent graduates with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Personal computer for use during your internship (but don’t let that you stop from applying; we can help figure something out)
- Strong research and writing skills
- Excellent computer skills (spreadsheets, word processing)
- Applicants selected for further consideration will be required to complete at least three online courses provided by OpenSesame prior to their interview.
Your work will primarily take place in the Portland State University Business Accelerator located at 2828 SW Corbett Ave, Portland, OR 97201, where you will work directly with the OpenSesame team of 15 highly creative and hard-charging entrepreneurs.
Upon successful completion of your internship, in addition to earning money, you will be able to put on your resume and LinkedIn profile:
OpenSesame Inc.- the world’s elearning marketplace
Search Engine Marketing and Business Development Intern
Implemented programs to optimize company’s organic search engine results. Measured and analyzed program results; presented progress to senior management. Ranked x of y for search result improvement in intern class.
Identified and recruited # publishing partners for elearning marketplace resulting in # of courses published in the www.OpenSesame.com marketplace. Ranked x of y for course acquisition in intern class.
OpenSesame is the largest source for corporate elearning in the world with over 20,000 crowd-sourced courses from hundreds of publisher partners. OpenSesame makes buying an elearning course as easy as purchasing a song on iTunes.