Business Development & Search Engine Marketing Interns at OpenSesame in Portl...
www.OpenSesame.com, an award-winning Portland startup, is offering ten paid summer internship positions for qualified college and high school students.
Participants in this structured internship program will develop basic business skills, including customer relationship development, account management and marketing. You will specifically focus on two initiatives:
- Business Development: Working with the business development team, interns will establish new relationships with buyers and sellers in OpenSesame’s ecommerce marketplace. Interns will learn how to establish new relationships, nurture partnerships and maintain an organized approach to account management.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Interns will work with the marketing team to develop content for www.OpenSesame.com, learning web marketing and writing techniques.
The program requires a commitment to work at least ten weeks (50 workdays) between 30 April and 28 September 2012. The compensation is $10/hour ($4,000) with the opportunity to earn an $800 bonus upon successful completion of the Internship. Yes, we are making the work dates very flexible so that you can participate in personal summer events and activities. However, we expect that you will set your work schedule at the beginning of the internship and stick to it. We also expect you to come to work on time and deliver results. If these requirements make you feel uncomfortable, please don’t apply.
- Full, part-time student, or recent graduates in college or high school with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Personal computer for use during your internship (but don’t let that you stop from applying, we can help figure something out)
- Strong research and writing skills
- Excellent computer skills (spreadsheets, word processing)
- Applicants selected for further consideration will be required to complete at least three online courses provided by OpenSesame prior to their interview.
Your work will primarily take place in the Portland State University Business Accelerator located at 2828 SW Corbett Ave, Portland, OR 97201.
You will work directly with the OpenSesame team of 15 highly creative and hard-charging entrepreneurs. You will also be paired with a mentor from OpenSesame’s team at the beginning of the summer who will partner with you in setting and achieving your personal development goals.
Upon successful completion of your internship, in addition to earning $4,800, you will be able to put on your resume and LinkedIn profile:
OpenSesame Inc.- the world’s eLearning marketplace Summer 2012
Business Development and Search Engine Marketing Intern
Identified and recruited # publishing partners for elearning marketplace resulting in # of courses published in the www.OpenSesame.com marketplace. Ranked x of y for course acquisition in intern class.
Implemented programs to optimize company’s organic search engine results. Measured and analyzed program results; presented progress to senior management. Ranked x of y for search result improvement in intern class.
OpenSesame is the largest source for corporate elearning in the world with over 13,000 crowd-sourced courses from hundreds of publisher partners. OpenSesame makes buying an elearning course as easy as purchasing a song on iTunes.