Key Hire: Operations or Product Exec at oneforty inc. in Cambridge, MA
oneforty.com - a VC funded Twitter marketplace - is looking to add one more brilliant, versatile partner to our leadership team. We're looking for an experienced ecommerce/marketplace entrepreneur who has owned either product or operations.
Want to help build something really big from its early days? Have the extraordinary talent and background that we need? Let's talk.
You'll get the best of startup life - a major leadership role at a nimble, up-and-coming business - along with the security of a top VC, health & dental insurance, 401(k) and benefits. As employee #9 (or less, how fast can you move?), you'll partner with the CEO (Laura Fitton, @pistachio) and Tech Lead (Mike Champion, @graysky) to round out our leadership team. You'll have direct board access, substantial equity and significant management control.
Your track record starting at least one successful consumer web company demonstrates: you can manage, you can convert vision to actionable strategy, and you think expansively about business models. You have solid marketplace/ecommerce experience and you are fascinated by "platform" as a business strategy. You're committed to building open, inclusive systems. Though a leader, you know everyone rolls up their sleeves at a startup to get "stuff" done.
Your ability to organize the big picture and shape a fast-moving startup will help the rest of the team do more, faster. We're driven by customer development and complete dedication to our community. We exist to give people the tools they need to innovate and build real businesses. We serve dual (consumer and developer) communities of an emergent two-sided marketplace.
You know how to motivate and inspire and you work well with a variety of disciplines and people. You have an entrepreneurial, empowered mindset. You expect to be held accountable but understand that thriving in an emergent space mandates risk-taking and rapid iteration.
You'll round out an all-star team notable for their connections, visibility, passion, technical excellence, courage and enthusiasm. We're moving fast and working with only A+ talent who truly "get" the long-term opportunity.
Who You Are...
Whether your experience centers on owning product or operations, you're aggressive, organized startupper with ecommerce/consumer web marketplace experience and a sharp sense of the realtime web. You have the passion and flexibility to thrive and in a rapidly changing space and to optimize revenue-producing market fit. Your experience proves you can motivate and manage a team, control capital and help evolve relationships and handle day-to-day.
You can recite Four Steps to the Epiphany and the AARRR funnel, you are super analytical/data driven and you're unafraid to ask tough questions about our business. Big picture, but data driven. You're fascinated by platform as a business strategy and the chance to build something massive.
- previously founder/co-founder of consumer web startup
- razor-sharp on business model/revenue strategy
- extremely savvy about the realtime web and social media
- ecommerce or web marketplace/platform experience
You're GREAT at...
- in-depth skills appropriate to your product or operations focus (ie, product strategy, biz dev, guiding outside legal & finance professionals, etc.)
- converting vision into actionable, measurable strategy
- management & managing technical people
- setting and measuring against milestones
- technical marketing & customer development
What You're Like...
- excellent communicator
Exceptional talent only need apply. What are you waiting for? We look forward to hearing from you. For consideration, please apply on this jobscore page or (better still) contact us through the oneforty investor who knows your work best (see http://www.crunchbase.com/company/oneforty)
(Optionally) answering the questions below will show us just how serious your interest is. Your 140 (or less) is plenty - these aren't essays. If you complete all the questions our CEO/Founder Laura will personally review your application and respond within 4 days or less.
1. What startup bloggers/thinkers do you read and refer to most frequently?
2. Which VC's have you worked with? Whose approach/philosophy do you admire?
3. What's do you wish you had done differently at a previous startup?
4. Name a consumer marketplace that you feel has missed its upside opportunity, and why?
5. What about the Twitter API ecosystem most excites you? Gives you most concern?
6. How do you manage your professional email ‘Inbox’ and parse out your time on the social web? How do you schedule your time at work? What are your secrets for staying productive?
7. What management philosophies/role models do you most emulate?
BONUS: Your thoughts on oneforty's current offerings? What experiments would you most want to try to improve performance?