Senior Big Data Engineer at nPario in Redmond, WA
nPario delivers a consumer intelligence platform and big data applications for digital marketing that enable the world’s largest brands to combine existing, new and emerging channels of information to segment consumers, understand consumer behaviour and commercial intent, and drive customer engagement. Unlike other data management platforms (DMPs), which can choke on the sheer scale of data needed to provide comprehensive consumer intelligence in real-time, nPario provides easy-to-use visual applications to segment audiences, predict consumer intent and provide campaign intelligence at scale in real-time.
Brands, publishers and agencies combine 1st party, 2nd party and 3rd party data using nPario's patent-pending Real-timeData Science™ to access deep consumer insight. They use this aggregated and connected data to segment consumers without the need for complex queries or programming, enabling the identification of high-value segments and the predictive modeling of consumers. This lets them answer such questions as:
- Who are our customers?
- How many potential customers are similar to them?
- What sites are they most likely to frequent?
nPario integrates these real-time insights with key business processes such as customer loyalty, churn analysis and digital marketing.
nPario solutions are available as either public or private clouds, and are already in use at leading brands, publishers and agencies such as Reuters, Electronic Arts and GroupM. In fact, nPario also powers several of the data management platforms (DMPs) used by brands today.
We’re looking for a super star developer to help build our world-class big data applications and solutions. The role involves architecting, designing and hands on programming. We’re looking for people with passion for solving problems for processing massive amounts of data in an efficient and elegant ways.
- Working with external field personnel to design, architect and implement big data solutions
- Implementation of solutions including writing unit tests and deployment components
- Preprocessing and ETL of data to generate required data structures for the different applications
- Help gather and analyze technical requirements from different customers
- Working closely and mentoring other team members both local and remote
- Collaborating with remote field personnel around requirements
- Proficiency in OO programming using Java or C++
- Proficiency in designing efficient and robust ETL workflows
- Extensive data warehousing experience and business intelligence experience
- Distributed and Parallel programming experience
- Unix development experience with proficiency in at least one scripting language
- Good formal and oral communication skills
- BS Computer Science or equivalent
- Perl or Python scripting
- Machine learning with large datasets
- Database internals knowledge
- In-memory database implementations
- Open source experience: NoSQL, MapReduce, Networking
- Monitoring solutions
- Experience with different Cloud providers
- Online advertising domain knowledge
- Ability to travel
- Not only will you get to work with Big Data experts, nPario offers competitive compensation, benefits, stock and a great work environment.