Technical Support Engineers at Nimble Storage in Raleigh, NC
Nimble Storage is the fastest-growing storage array start-up in history. We are currently looking for mid-level and senior Technical Support Engineers for first, second and weekend shift positions.
- Contribute to the effective and efficient handling of all levels of technical support calls from basic user questions to issues requiring more in-depth technical and problem solving skills.
- Independently diagnosing and resolving networking and performance problems with storage servers.
- Contribute to defining and documenting support processes and knowledge-base articles for customer consumption.
- 5+ years doing technical support for Storage Servers including advanced administration issues such as snapshots and replication.
- Must have outstanding problem solving skills
- Must have good technical knowledge of storage systems and networking.
- Experience with applications such as Exchange and SQL Server is a big plus
- Experience with VMWare is a big plus
- Ability to generate backtraces from core dumps and isolate potential problem areas
- Scripting knowledge is a big plus (with a focus on support automation)
- Should be comfortable filing bugs and working with engineering to articulate problem scenarios for reproducing issues.
Nimble has developed breakthrough architecture that combines flash memory with high-capacity disk to converge storage, backup, and disaster recovery for the first time. Nimble was founded by storage industry veterans from NetApp and Data Domain, and is funded by Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, and Lightspeed Ventures, three of the most successful and respected venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Using its unique CASL architecture, Nimble Storage platforms support the performance needs of the most demanding primary applications while at the same time reduce backup windows / restore times from hours to seconds—all for at least 60 percent lower cost than existing solutions. Nimble Storage sells its appliances worldwide through a network of resellers and channel partners. More information about the company can be found at www.nimblestorage.com.
Nimble was founded by storage industry veterans from NetApp and Data Domain, and is funded by Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, and Lightspeed Ventures, three of the most successful and respected venture capital firms in Silicon Valley.
Since its launch in July 2010, Nimble has garnered an impressive list of awards, including:
- CRN Storage Product of the Year
- CRN Test Labs "Highly Recommended" rating, calling Nimble "the Holy Grail of high- performance storage"
- Wall Street Journal “Next Big Thing” award
- Storage Newsletter #1 Most Promising Startup
- InfoWorld / Network World "25 New IT Companies to Watch"
- InfoWorld / Network World "25 Hot Products"
Nimble Storage, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
NOTE: To all recruitment firms: Nimble Storage is not accepting agency/search firm referrals for this posting, or other postings, without prior written permission from Nimble Storage's Staffing organization. Nimble Storage is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.