Storage Quality Assurance Engineer (San Jose, CA) at Nimble Storage in San Jo...
Nimble Storage is the fastest-growing storage array start-up in history and we are hiring experienced Storage Quality Assurance Engineers for our growing QA team, based in San Jose, CA.
- Perform manual and automated tests of storage systems
- Perform storage-related load tests, stress tests, capacity tests
- Analyze failures and identify root causes in conjunction with developers
- Exploratory testing and configuration of servers and clients connected to Nimble storage arrays
- Develop tools to enhance QA processes and test coverage
- Deep understanding of storage concepts, ideally with iSCSI protocols
- Good understanding of QA processes
- Networking knowledge
- Comfortable working in Linux and Windows environments
- Understanding of iSCSI in ESX, Linux, Windows environments
- Understanding of storage usage in virtualization environments (VMware ESX, Xen, HyperV)
- Exchange, SQL Server, VSS
- Shell and perl scripting
- Powershell scripting
Nimble has developed breakthrough architecture that combines flash memory with high-capacity disk to converge storage, backup, and disaster recovery for the first time. Nimble Storage solutions are built on the idea that enterprises should not have to compromise between performance, capacity, ease of management, and price.
Nimble’s patented Cache Accelerated Sequential Layout architecture, designed from the ground up to effectively combine flash with high-capacity drives, makes high performance affordable, simplifies and enhances disaster recovery and backup, and delivers pain-free operations. Nimble Storage platforms support the performance needs of the most demanding primary applications while at the same time reduce backup windows / restore times from hours to seconds—all for at least 60 percent lower cost than existing solutions. Nimble Storage solutions are available through a global network of world-class channel partners.
Nimble was founded by storage industry veterans from NetApp and Data Domain, and is funded by Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, and Lightspeed Ventures, three of the most successful and respected venture capital firms in Silicon Valley.
Since its launch in July 2010, Nimble has garnered an impressive list of awards, including:
- CRN Storage Product of the Year
- CRN Test Labs "Highly Recommended" rating, calling Nimble "the Holy Grail of high- performance storage"
- Wall Street Journal “Next Big Thing” award
- Storage Newsletter #1 Most Promising Startup
- InfoWorld / Network World "25 New IT Companies to Watch"
- InfoWorld / Network World "25 Hot Products"
Nimble Storage, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
NOTE: To all recruitment firms: Nimble Storage is not accepting agency/search firm referrals for this posting, or other postings, without prior written permission from Nimble Storage's Staffing organization. Nimble Storage is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.