Senior Software Engineering Manager- Microsoft Storage Ecosystem at Nimble St...
Nimble Storage is the fastest-growing storage array start-up in history. We are currently looking for a Senior Engineer Manager to join our growing Microsoft Integration team.
Join a rapidly growing and dynamic team focused on delivering projects related to integrating our storage arrays with different technologies from Microsoft. As a Manager you will be working with a high caliber team to design and deliver industry-leading next generation products. The charter of the team is to drive innovation in the Microsoft storage ecosystem projects. You will stay current with not only the latest state of the art storage technologies but you are also required to stay up to date with the partner ecosystem trends and technology.
- Provide direction and supervision to the team of Engineers responsible for the full software development cycle
- Work closely with cross functional teams, including product management (internal and partner), QA and support team
- Championing, developing and maintaining high quality software
- Lead and track development projects. Develop resource plans and schedules
- Influence and deliver on product roadmap
- Participate in technical communication within the team and with other groups
- Help scaling efficient engineering processes
- Scale the organization for future growth
- Coach and mentor Engineers on regular basis to drive maximum productivity and efficiency
- BS or equivalent degree in computer science/electronics/telecommunication
- Experience managing moderate to high complexity software application development is required
- Strong understanding of concepts related to computer architecture, data structures and programming practices.
- Familiarity with Storage and data protection technologies
- Prior experience managing a development team
- Proven experience with product development and project management
- In-depth knowledge to solve broad issues that are complex in scope
- Solid communication, interpersonal and leadership skills are required. Should be comfortable working in a very dynamic and collaborative work environment.
- Passionate about technology, and about software development processes and quality
- Experience with and understanding of Microsoft enterprise software products is highly desired.
- Preferred experience with Hyper-v, Windows server 2012, System Center, SMI-S.
- Experience managing Agile teams is highly desired
Who We Are:
Nimble has developed breakthrough architecture that combines flash memory with high-capacity disk to converge storage, backup, and disaster recovery for the first time. Nimble Storage solutions are built on the idea that enterprises should not have to compromise between performance, capacity, ease of management, and price.
Nimble’s patented Cache Accelerated Sequential Layout architecture, designed from the ground up to effectively combine flash with high-capacity drives, makes high performance affordable, simplifies and enhances disaster recovery and backup, and delivers pain-free operations. Nimble Storage platforms support the performance needs of the most demanding primary applications while at the same time reduce backup windows / restore times from hours to seconds—all for at least 60 percent lower cost than existing solutions. Nimble Storage solutions are available through a global network of world-class channel partners.
Nimble was founded by storage industry veterans from NetApp and Data Domain, and is funded by Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, and Lightspeed Ventures, three of the most successful and respected venture capital firms in Silicon Valley.
Since its launch in July 2010, Nimble has garnered an impressive list of awards, including:
- CRN Storage Product of the Year
- CRN Test Labs "Highly Recommended" rating, calling Nimble "the Holy Grail of high- performance storage"
- Wall Street Journal “Next Big Thing” award
- Storage Newsletter #1 Most Promising Startup
- InfoWorld / Network World "25 New IT Companies to Watch"
- InfoWorld / Network World "25 Hot Products"
Nimble Storage, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
NOTE to all recruitment firms: Nimble Storage is not accepting agency/search firm referrals for this posting, or other postings, without prior written permission from Nimble Storage's Staffing organization. Nimble Storage is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.