Senior Software Engineer - Data Warehousing at Nimble Storage in San Jose, CA
Nimble Storage is the fastest-growing storage array start-up in history. We are currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer - Data Warehousing to join our growing Business Inteligence and Data Warehouse team in the Support organization.
- You will be part of the team building and maintaining an innovative Big Data Platform that can ingest 100’s of Terabytes of data that will be consumed for Business Analytics, Operational Analytics, Data Services and build Big Data Solutions for Nimble.
- You will proactively address performance issues in various database queries.
- Working within the support tools development team, you will provide technical solutions to complex software engineering problems.
- BS Degree in CS, EE or similar technical degree, MS preferffed, with at least 15 years of overall experience, MS preferred
- Over 6 years work experience in managing and administering large database installations
- Must have advanced DBA experience and skills and expertise with PosgresSQL. Vertica database experience is desired
- Proficient in SQL
- Knowledge of database modeling and normalization
- Experience in creating and maintaining large schemas
- Expericence in defining REST based web services to interact with data
- Exposure to Tableau is desired
- Experience in PERL, Java programming is desired
- Should be able to think beyond the product boundary to suggest solution alternatives
- Must have experience in Project documentation
- Must have good communication and client facing skills
- Works well within a team; strong communication
Who We Are:
Nimble has developed breakthrough architecture that combines flash memory with high-capacity disk to converge storage, backup, and disaster recovery for the first time. Nimble Storage solutions are built on the idea that enterprises should not have to compromise between performance, capacity, ease of management, and price.
Nimble’s patented Cache Accelerated Sequential Layout architecture, designed from the ground up to effectively combine flash with high-capacity drives, makes high performance affordable, simplifies and enhances disaster recovery and backup, and delivers pain-free operations. Nimble Storage platforms support the performance needs of the most demanding primary applications while at the same time reduce backup windows / restore times from hours to seconds—all for at least 60 percent lower cost than existing solutions. Nimble Storage solutions are available through a global network of world-class channel partners.
Nimble was founded by storage industry veterans from NetApp and Data Domain, and is funded by Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, and Lightspeed Ventures, three of the most successful and respected venture capital firms in Silicon Valley.
Since its launch in July 2010, Nimble has garnered an impressive list of awards, including:
- CRN Storage Product of the Year
- CRN Test Labs "Highly Recommended" rating, calling Nimble "the Holy Grail of high- performance storage"
- Wall Street Journal “Next Big Thing” award
- Storage Newsletter #1 Most Promising Startup
- InfoWorld / Network World "25 New IT Companies to Watch"
- InfoWorld / Network World "25 Hot Products"
Nimble Storage, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
NOTE to all recruitment firms: Nimble Storage is not accepting agency/search firm referrals for this posting, or other postings, without prior written permission from Nimble Storage's Staffing organization. Nimble Storage is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.