Network QA Engineer at Nimble Storage in San Jose, CA
Nimble Storage is the fastest-growing storage array start-up in history. We are currently looking for a Network QA Engineer to join our growing QA team.
- Design and execute test cases for Nimble iSCSI storage arrays.
- Setup, test and troubleshoot different network related test configurations.
- Analyze failures, reproduce issues, isolate problems, and identify root causes in conjunction with developers.
- Testing and configuration of iSCSI servers and clients, switches connected to Nimble storage arrays.
- Develop automation scripts and tools to enhance QA test coverage.
- Experience with L2/L3 networking switching concepts/testing.
- Analytical skills and knowledge for troubleshooting network issues.
- A good understanding of networking, TCP/IP, Vlan, Layer2 and Routing protocols and concepts of storage protocols (iSCSI,SCSI, FCOE, MPIO, snapshots, cloning, thin provisioning)
- Strong understanding of QA processes.
- Good experience testing with Linux and Windows environments.
- Strong background with one or more scripting/automation languages: Perl, Python, Linux shell scripting.
- Familiarity with test tools such as Wireshark, Finizar, and Netperf for monitoring and debugging network problems
- Degree in Computer Science or related field. 3+ years of experience in a storage, network, security or systems environment
- Understanding of storage usage in virtualization environments (VMware ESX, Xen, HyperV)
- Cisco CCNA (or equivalent), VMware vSphere, and Microsoft Hyper-V certifications is a plus.
- PowerShell scripting
Who We Are:
Nimble has developed breakthrough architecture that combines flash memory with high-capacity disk to converge storage, backup, and disaster recovery for the first time. Nimble Storage solutions are built on the idea that enterprises should not have to compromise between performance, capacity, ease of management, and price.
Nimble’s patented Cache Accelerated Sequential Layout architecture, designed from the ground up to effectively combine flash with high-capacity drives, makes high performance affordable, simplifies and enhances disaster recovery and backup, and delivers pain-free operations. Nimble Storage platforms support the performance needs of the most demanding primary applications while at the same time reduce backup windows / restore times from hours to seconds—all for at least 60 percent lower cost than existing solutions. Nimble Storage solutions are available through a global network of world-class channel partners.
Nimble was founded by storage industry veterans from NetApp and Data Domain, and is funded by Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, and Lightspeed Ventures, three of the most successful and respected venture capital firms in Silicon Valley.
Since its launch in July 2010, Nimble has garnered an impressive list of awards, including:
- CRN Storage Product of the Year
- CRN Test Labs "Highly Recommended" rating, calling Nimble "the Holy Grail of high- performance storage"
- Wall Street Journal “Next Big Thing” award
- Storage Newsletter #1 Most Promising Startup
- InfoWorld / Network World "25 New IT Companies to Watch"
- InfoWorld / Network World "25 Hot Products"
Nimble Storage, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
NOTE to all recruitment firms: Nimble Storage is not accepting agency/search firm referrals for this posting, or other postings, without prior written permission from Nimble Storage's Staffing organization. Nimble Storage is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.