Advanced Test Automation Engineer at Nimble Storage in San Jose, CA
Nimble Storage is the fastest-growing storage array start-up in history and we are looking for an Advanced Test Automation Engineer who will be responsible for designing and implementing test automation frameworks that will be used to extend Nimble Storage's suite of automated tests of storage systems.
- Very good programming skills: ability to design, implement and analyze algorithms, and write maintainable, modular, and object-oriented code
- Strong Perl experience: follow Perl best practices; implementing in modern object-oriented Perl; Perl modules and frameworks to develop reusable and clean code
- Experience developing test automation infrastructure and/or automating tests that operate across multiple server and client machines
- Experience developing test automation infrastructure and/or automating tests on a mix of Linux and Windows servers is highly desirable
- Ability to work independently in a startup environment and take on a variety of roles as needed
- Sound understanding of networking, particularly analysis, construction and troubleshooting of enterprise-like multi-server and multi-LAN/VLAN environments
- Working knowledge of build and continuous integration processes and tools
- Experience testing or developing test tools for storage systems
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies (VMware ESX, HyperV, Xen)
- Design Perl-based test automation frameworks and extend existing tools and frameworks
- Influence and mentor other developers through technical leadership and setting examples
Participate in implementing automated end-to-end tests for storage systems including
- testing for data consistency
- Performance, stress, load tests
- interaction of storage systems with Windows server applications (such as Exchange, SQLServer) and virtual machine software (such as VMware)
- Web UI tests (Selenium based)
Nimble has developed breakthrough architecture that combines flash memory with high-capacity disk to converge storage, backup, and disaster recovery for the first time. Nimble Storage solutions are built on the idea that enterprises should not have to compromise between performance, capacity, ease of management, and price. Nimble’s patented Cache Accelerated Sequential Layout architecture, designed from the ground up to effectively combine flash with high-capacity drives, makes high performance affordable, simplifies and enhances disaster recovery and backup, and delivers pain-free operations. Nimble Storage platforms support the performance needs of the most demanding primary applications while at the same time reduce backup windows / restore times from hours to seconds—all for at least 60 percent lower cost than existing solutions. Nimble Storage solutions are available through a global network of world-class channel partners.
Nimble was founded by storage industry veterans from NetApp and Data Domain, and is funded by Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, and Lightspeed Ventures, three of the most successful and respected venture capital firms in Silicon Valley.
Since its launch in July 2010, Nimble has garnered an impressive list of awards, including:
- CRN Storage Product of the Year
- CRN Test Labs "Highly Recommended" rating, calling Nimble "the Holy Grail of high- performance storage"
- Wall Street Journal “Next Big Thing” award
- Storage Newsletter #1 Most Promising Startup
- InfoWorld / Network World "25 New IT Companies to Watch"
- InfoWorld / Network World "25 Hot Products"
Nimble Storage, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
NOTE: To all recruitment firms: Nimble Storage is not accepting agency/search firm referrals for this posting, or other postings, without prior written permission from Nimble Storage's Staffing organization. Nimble Storage is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.