Advanced Software Engineer - Storage Protocols at Nimble Storage in San Jose, CA
Nimble Storage, the fastest-growing storage start-up in history is looking to hire an experienced software engineer who will be responsible for the full lifecycle of various components with a focus on storage protocols.
- Drives innovation in Nimble Storage products
- Responsible for designing, coding and debugging of several components in complex software systems
- Work collaboratively and guide other engineers. Be willing to take on any engineering tasks that contribute to the progress towards the goals of the team and the company.
- Participate in technical communication with customers and other parts of company organization including product marketing, customer support, and sales
- Experience in developing commercial software products and a passion for quality and good software engineering practices.
- Experience in designing and implementing large and complex modules, preferably in the data storage industry
- Strong C/C++ and multi-threaded programming
- Good knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Must have experience on at least one of the following: iSCSI, SCSI, FC.
- Ability to work independently in a startup environment and take on a variety of roles as needed
- Ability to write clear and articulate functional and design specifications
- Must be capable to debug in multi-threaded and clustered environments
- Manage multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Education/Experience: BS in CS or EE required. MS degree preferred. 10+ years of experience in software design and development
Nimble was founded by storage industry veterans from NetApp and Data Domain, and is funded by Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, and Lightspeed Ventures, three of the most successful and respected venture capital firms in Silicon Valley.
Nimble has developed breakthrough architecture that combines flash memory with high-capacity disk to converge storage, backup, and disaster recovery for the first time. Nimble Storage solutions are built on the idea that enterprises should not have to compromise between performance, capacity, ease of management, and price. Nimble’s patented Cache Accelerated Sequential Layout architecture, designed from the ground up to effectively combine flash with high-capacity drives, makes high performance affordable, simplifies and enhances disaster recovery and backup, and delivers pain-free operations. Nimble Storage platforms support the performance needs of the most demanding primary applications while at the same time reduce backup windows / restore times from hours to seconds—all for at least 60 percent lower cost than existing solutions. Nimble Storage solutions are available through a global network of world-class channel partners.
Since its launch in July 2010, Nimble has garnered an impressive list of awards, including:
- CRN Storage Product of the Year
- CRN Test Labs "Highly Recommended" rating, calling Nimble "the Holy Grail of high- performance storage"
- Wall Street Journal “Next Big Thing” award
- Storage Newsletter #1 Most Promising Startup
- InfoWorld / Network World "25 New IT Companies to Watch"
- InfoWorld / Network World "25 Hot Products"
Nimble Storage, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
NOTE: To all recruitment firms: Nimble Storage is not accepting agency/search firm referrals for this posting, or other postings, without prior written permission from Nimble Storage's Staffing organization. Nimble Storage is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.