Support Analyst at The Daily Beast in New York, NY
In February 2011 the revered, 80 year old Newsweek and the thriving young IAC-founded news and current affairs site – The Daily Beast – joined forces, bringing together the 24/7 warp speed of the Web with the depth, analysis, and investigative power of one of the standard bearers of great American journalism. The combined operation now regularly attracts over 18 million unique online visitors a month and the magazine reaches millions more through its tablet and international editions. Tina Brown, former editor of Tatler, Vanity Fair, the New Yorker and Talk, host of CNBC’s ‘Topic A’ and author of the NY Times best-seller The Diana Chronicles serves as editor in chief of both publications.
- Winner of the 2012 Webby Award for Best News Site.
- Active social media community of over 3.2 million.
- The Daily Beast regularly attracts over 18 million unique visitors a month and 92 million page views
- Primary point of contact for IT support issues for NWDB businesses.
- Answer support calls and e-mails, interpret problems, and provide technical support until completion
- Provide problem/resolution documentation for future reference and management reporting.
- Answer questions, applying knowledge of computer software, hardware, and procedures.
- Coordinate with other Information Technology resources to ensure that problems are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work on special projects / applications as assigned by manager.
- Keep track of and make sure that all tickets in Help Desk ticketing system are routed accordingly and proper problem resolution is written in.
- Ability to enforce IT policy and procedures to user population.
- Ability to be part of an on call rotation (24x7x365).
- 3 -5 years of customer support and IT experience.
- Strong customer service skills, both telephone and email, with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Capable of presenting complex technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to respond quickly, competently and patiently to internal staff. Individual must be able to gather information, evaluate options and offer good working solutions.
- Ability to make important decision on your own.
- An understanding of the overall systems environment, system maintenance, workstation support, Internet connectivity and security services, as well as the standard desktop software in use.
- The incumbent should show a strong willingness to learn new technologies.
SOFTWARE / HARDWARE
- Candidate should have vast knowledge of industry standard software and hardware including: MS Windows XP / 7, MS Office 2007/2010, Various Adobe products (Acrobat, CS, Photoshop), Virtual machines, Final Cut, Basic Networking, DHCP, DNS, Strong MAC knowledge
- Advanced Knowledge Lenovo / Mac laptops and Dell / iMac Desktop hardware.
- Advanced Knowledge of MS Exchange and Active Directory Services.
Associate's degree in a computer-related field as well as significant hands-on experience with computers and customer support.
MCSA, MCSE, MCITP preferred