Social Media Internship at My Neo Haiti in Boston, MA
Social Media Internship
My Neo Haiti in partnership with other businesses and organizations is committed to presenting a new image of Haiti. We aspire to bring Haiti back to the heart of history. Haiti is open for business and ready for advanced exploration. We connect visionaries with facilitators aid in the advancement of Haiti. We aim to mobilize Haitians to use the country’s resources to create wealth and prosperity.
Interns will be performing the following tasks:
- Creating new posts on (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
- Uploading videos, photo albums, etc.
- Finding users to follow/friend/like our business
- Writing and posting blog posts/tweets/updates, etc.
- Tracking the growth and the impact of social media on our business
- Replying to comments, messages, etc.
- Report findings to the team
- Consistently learn and grow, ask pertinent questions
- Ability create and upload Twitter & YouTube backgrounds, and minor video editing skills are a plus
Skills and attributes interns are expected to have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills
- Be creative with an eye for design
- Ability to develop a detailed and professional marketing plan
- Knowledge of digital media software – Photoshop or other graphic design software, etc. is preferred
- Knowledge of video editing software – iMovie, Final Cut, or Windows Live Movie Maker is a plus
- Knowledge of social media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, blogs, etc.
- Willingness to create video blogs, write press releases, and Facebook posts daily
- Energy, with a desire to come up with fresh ideas on how to grow our online presence
- Ability to identify a target market and “speak” to that consumer through social media
- Experience proofreading and editing
- Ability to deal with uncertainty
- Ability to contribute individually, and participate in cross-functional teams