Software Engineer - Rails Guru at MyFitnessPal in San Francisco, CA
- Improve the reliability and efficiency of MyFitnessPal's systems
- Provide guidance on Ruby and Rails best practices
- Work closely with other engineers within your group and across the entire engineering organization.
- Diagnose, and troubleshoot problems
- Has a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Has hands-on experience building scalable web services and applications
- Has mastered Ruby.
- Knows Ruby on Rails inside out and actively follow the Rails community.
- Has an understanding of good software development practices/patterns/architecture
- Enjoys to work as part of a team.
- Picks up new things quickly.
- Writes clean, elegant, readable and well-documented code.
We believe that small, self-motivated, and empowered teams can achieve great things. We're empowered and expected to be ourselves, share our ideas and figure out what we can each do to keep MyFitnessPal evolving. You'll get to work with some of the brightest people you've ever met - but you'll also be challenged to be one of those people. We have full company-paid benefits, including family and domestic partner benefits, humane working hours, and flexible work schedules.
We're located at 2nd and Bryant in San Francisco, near South Park, walking distance to BART, Muni, and Caltrain.
- a cover letter telling us what inspires you about MyFitnessPal and why you think you are perfect for the team.
- your resume