Sr. Software Engineer at MoLo Rewards in Durham, NC
We require a cover letter and a link to your Linkedin account for you to be considered.
• Design and develop highly scalable, 24/7 applications.
• Work independently completing small to large sized projects while managing competing priorities in a demanding production environment.
• Deliver on projects from end to end (documentation to production grade code to support procedures) while functioning within the process and disciplines established in the Engineering team.
• Work collaboratively among groups within engineering (QA, Database Administration, and Network Ops) and outside engineering to drive allocated projects to completion.
• Drive offsite integration with retailers and other partners.
• Actively participate in high level engineering team activities such as suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements and conducting tool evaluations.
• BS in CS (or equivalent) and 5-7 years of hands-on software design and development experience or data and mathematical analysis.
• Experience developing in a Windows environment is a plus, but candidates with Linux, Unix or Solaris experience will be considered.
• Ideal (but not required) skills/experience working with complex data models, large databases, extensive reporting and data analysis.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Experience in the design and development of client/server and multi-tier software systems.
• Experience in a high-availability and mission-critical environment.
• Experience with Point of Sale (POS) software.
• Keen ability to understand end user experience and business needs.
• Strongly prefer candidates who have internet and/or start-up company experience.
• Prior experience in retail or POS software / hardware.