Junior Mobile Designer (UI) at Mobify in Vancouver, BC, Canada
Mobify is looking for a talented Junior Mobile Designer to join our Launch Team. As our Junior Mobile Designer, you'll be learning about the creative execution of mobile and tablet sites, and provide support for our team as well as our incredible clients.
You'll have the opportunity to work with some of the biggest brands in the world all in the fun and relaxed environment of Mobify's beautiful Gastown, Vancouver headquarters.
From prototyping to launch, you'll learn the nuances of each step in the creative process, and participate in all of them. You'll create the experience and then work with our Senior Designers and Engineering team for the execution.
We believe in pushing the limits of technology in everything we do. Our mobile designers need to know how far they can push the limits of web technologies. To this end it is essential that a mobile designer at Mobify have a strong understanding of HTML and CSS and be able to hand-code their designs into functioning templates.
The ideal candidate for this role must have an excellent online portfolio (with URLs of course) and strong experience with HTML and CSS, and passion for learning new techniques.
- Portfolio of amazing work on the web (does not need to be mobile)
- You must be able to quickly and efficiently hand-code your designs into HTML and CSS
- Collaborate with cross discipline teams to prototype, design and implement mobile experiences
- Use experience and research to identify mobile design patterns that work
- With support of our design team, direct the mobile experience for our customer's sites
- Passion for the design, web and mobile
- Love working as part of a team
- Great communication skills
- The desire to hone your skills with a team
- Love having ownership over your work from start to finish
- Active on Dribbble, blogs, Twitter or Hacker News
- Familiarity with responsive web design techniques
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- You have passions outside of technology
- You want to tackle world-class technology problems and change the way the world uses the web
- You are equally passionate about the web and making it amazing and accessible on every device
- You love to work with really smart and interesting people who have authored books, written plays, attended university at the age of 12, rowed across the Atlantic Ocean and more
- Convenient Gastown location in beautiful Vancouver, Canada
- Competitive salary, great benefits and yoga classes and kettlebell classes right at the office!