Front Desk Supervisor at Midas Hospitality in Beachwood, OH
We are seeking an energetic Front Desk Supervisor for our brand new 135-room Aloft Hotel that will open in October 2013. Front Desk Manager will be starting in mid-August to prepare for the opening and will be responsible for setting up systems, hiring staff and assisting with all aspects of the new hotel opening process. Aloft Hotels is the forward-thinking alternative to the typical travel destination. With its loft-inspired design and free-flowing energy, Aloft lets guests customize their stay and celebrate their style. And it allows its talent to shine through opportunities to mix, mingle and make a difference. Aloft does things differently. It's a place where energy flows, personalities mingle and opportunities abound.
To supervise front desk staff to ensure that they are adhering to all hotel policies, procedures, regulations and standards, while striving towards total guest satisfaction. To ensure that front desk operations are working in a professional manner at all times. Front Desk Supervisor will perform front desk clerk and cashier responsibilities and duties when necessary. Ensures that front desk clerks are fully trained for their position(s) and cross-trained whenever possible.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the efficient and professional running of the front desk, including relationships with other departments.
- Ensure smooth check-in and check-out of all guests through properly handling guest accounts.
- Deal with any guest requests and problems and satisfy their needs within acceptable guidelines.
- Be prepared to perform all front desk functions, including switchboard, business center and guest relations.
- Lead by example: Provide a gracious and aggressive hospitality towards all customers. Be highly familiar with and adhere to all policies, procedures and standards.
- Assist all associates with questions and/or problems which might occur.
- Be present and visible at the front desk to ensure efficient and smooth service is provided to all customers.
- Create a productive and positive atmosphere at the desk; have a good relationship with all associates and other departments.
- Be a problem seeker and solver.
- Ensure that work area is always clean, neat and organized.
- Plan and conduct staff meetings on a regular basis.
- Constantly audit all desk work for accuracy and consistency. Coach and counsel staff when appropriate.
- Ensure that all supplies are well-maintained.
- Ensure that all front desk clerks follow hotel and company policies for bank drop procedures at end of each shift
- Responsible for shift coverage when short-handed or due to staff absences, including night auditor shift.
- Check opening house count and establish rate to be quoted during the day with the general manager.
- Review discrepant rooms regularly.
- Ensure that all Reward Members, VIP guests and repeat guests are identified, recognized, pre-blocked and special treatment is brought to the room.
- Determine weekly schedule, adjust according to business demands.
- Review credit report and take appropriate action to resolve all problems.
- Ensure that all due-outs for the day are cleared and do not carry any unusual outstanding balances.
- Complete work or special projects as assigned and adhering to due dates and deadlines.
- Work together with staff on the same level, train and retrain on aggressive hospitality skills, technical skills and communication skills.
- Responsible for hiring, training and development of staff.
Midas Hospitality, LLC, which was established in 2006, has quickly become one of the premier hospitality management groups in the Midwest. Midas executives have a combined 90+ years of experience in superior hotel development, professional asset management and hotel accounting services. We have developed, opened and managed numerous properties including Marriott, Courtyard by Marriott, Fairfield Inn & Suites, Sheraton Hotels, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites, Hilton, Hampton Inn, and aloft by Starwood. We are a growing company and are looking for a candidate who will grow with us. Please visit our website at www.midashospitality.com
• Must have hotel Front Desk Supervisor experience
• Starwood Hotel experience desired but not required
To be considered for this opening, please provide salary history and/or requirements.
Pay commensurate with experience and knowledge.