Assistant Controller at Midas Hospitality in Saint Louis, MO
Established in 2006, Midas Hospitality, LLC has quickly become one of the premier hospitality management groups in the Midwest. Midas Executives have a combined 90+ years of experience in superior hotel development, professional asset management and hotel accounting services. We have developed, opened and managed numerous properties including Marriott, Courtyard by Marriott, Fairfield Inn and Suites, Sheraton Hotels, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites, Hilton, Hampton Inn, and aloft by Starwood. Midas is recognized for turning underperforming properties into a financial success for third-party ownership. Midas executives recognize the complexities associated with hotel investment options and strive to gain repeat investors by developing growth strategies that cater to those who appreciate aggressive, yet selective investment criteria. Valuation services have also been an instrumental part of the company’s growth, serving institutional lenders and developers. Midas prides itself on having investment partners and third party management contracts that are successful and goal-oriented.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in the implementation of corporate policies and procedures such as invoice processing, cash management and calculation of fees
- Assist in the implementation, documentation and maintenance of adequate and effective internal controls
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective processes to improve the close and reporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting
- Preparation of monthly financial statements
- Manage cash flow of assigned hotels
- Assist with preparation of annual budgets
- Preparation of work papers supporting the annual tax returns
- Coordinate the preparation of annual tax returns with outside CPA firm
- Review and recordation of journal entries required to reflect the monthly activity
- Preparation of work papers supporting the monthly close process and month end balances
- Complete monthly accounting close process including analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained
- Perform cash projections to effectively manage cash balances
- Preparation of monthly forecast incorporating historical results and future assumptions
- Serve as payroll backup
- Oversight of expenses incurred on behalf of multiple entities such as software (M3) costs, accounting services, analytical services, etc.
- Maintenance of fixed asset records
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Proper analytical review of the asset operations from a balance sheet, income statement and cash flow perspective as well as an overall business perspective
- Randomly audit work flow to assure that all accounting transactions are appropriately authorized
- Prepare general ledger reconciliations
- Assure internal control compliance
- May train property staff on company procedures
- Assist Controller as needed
- Associate’s Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in the accounting and finance sector, preferably in the hospitality industry.
- Company Benefits include Personal Time, Vacation, Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Room Discount Benefits Worldwide.