Social Media Intern at Michael J. Fox Foundation in New York, NY
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson’s disease. Our aggressively funded research agenda is a core part of our strategy towards achieving this mission, and the development of this agenda and management of our research portfolio is driven by a team and advisors with both scientific and business expertise. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest funder of Parkinson’s disease research outside the U.S. federal government, having funded over $304 million in research projects globally in both academic and industry labs.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research has an exciting learning opportunity available as a Social Media Intern. Technology plays a key role in engaging with and informing donor, patients and the research community. The Foundation is currently focused on greater engagement on Social Media channels (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.), and tracking metrics to determine success. To help us tackle these challenges, the Digital Strategy Team is looking for an intern that shares our passion of using the Internet and technology to make a difference. This position will report to the Social Media Specialist and will be at least 3 days a week. This internship will begin in January and will continue to the end of April or early May depending on the candidates’ schedule. All interns are paid a $15 stipend per day. Our general business hours are 9am to 6pm.
• Assisting with social media strategy and publishing (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
• Create and distribute analytics report for internal stakeholders.
• Researching technology solutions that can add value to the Foundation’s mission
• Special projects as needed
• Understanding of Internet trends and technologies.
• Skill in identifying, tracking and analyzing trends as they appear on social channels
• Must be highly organized, very detailed and an excellent communicator via email, phone
and online chat.
• Familiarity with Google Analytics
• Excellent writing, research and interpersonal communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, internet and e-mail
• Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of assignments simultaneously
• Attention to detail and accountability
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a resume and thoughtful cover letter describing your specific qualifications and interest in the position. Please, no telephone inquiries. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted. Subbmission without cover letters will not be considered. The Michael J. Fox Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.