Research Partnership Intern at Michael J. Fox Foundation in New York, NY
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson’s disease. Our aggressively funded research agenda is a core part of our strategy towards achieving this mission, and the development of this agenda and management of our research portfolio is driven by a team and advisors with both scientific and business expertise. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest funder of Parkinson’s disease research outside the U.S. federal government, having funded over $289 million in research projects globally in both academic and industry labs. In 2012, MJFF has a nearly $65 million annual revenue budget and 70 full-time employees. The Foundation funds research globally and works with donor constituents primarily in the United States.
MJFF has an exciting opportunity available as a Research Partnerships Intern who will be involved in all areas of the Research Partnerships team. This includes: 1.) Providing support around recruitment and retention of participants into a landmark clinical study aiming to identify biomarkers of Parkinson's disease progression, the Parkinson’s Progression Marker’s Initiative (PPMI); 2.) Assisting with clinical trials strategies around a new online tool designed to connect Parkinson’s patients with clinical research opportunities, Fox Trial Finder; and 3.) Supporting outreach efforts to industry partners and corporate prospects.
We are seeking someone who is high-energy, detailed oriented, and a self starter with strong interpersonal and communication skills. The individual should have an interest in developing and executing strategies to engage key stakeholders, such as patients, physicians, and industry partners in the areas outlined above.
• Execute outreach initiatives to physicians, support groups, and other stakeholders in the Parkinson’s community to recruit new participants into PPMI
• Identify and implement strategies to retain participants in PPMI
• Assist in educational efforts to the Parkinson’s community around the need for participation in clinical research
• Support outreach and marketing strategies around Fox Trial Finder
• Assist with enhancements and developments of Fox Trial Finder website as well as associated media, social media, and communications around the tool
•Data gathering and analysis of various industry groups (i.e. pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies) in preparation for conference and travel by Research Partnerships team
• Special projects as needed
• Pro-active, self-directed, detail-oriented and organized professional
• Ability to work on multiple, concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to bring unique, innovative ideas to the team
• Possesses strong inter-personal skills
• Capacity to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
• Microsoft Office skills are required
• Individual pursing a Master’s degree in Public Health, Public Administration, Business, Nonprofit Management or a related field is a plus
• Keen interest in or knowledge of the medical research enterprise, clinical trials, and/or patient experience in the health system
The Foundation is always looking for smart, determined individuals who would like to participate in an internship with us. As a result, resumes can be submitted to the Foundation throughout the year. The internship will be 3-5 days a week. Our general business hours are 9am to 6pm. The internship is unpaid with a $15 per day stipend for transportation.
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates should send a resume and thoughtful cover letter describing your specific qualifications and interest in the position.
- Please, no telephone inquiries. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
- The Michael J. Fox Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.