Finance Intern at Michael J. Fox Foundation in New York, NY
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson's disease. Our aggressively funded research agenda is a core part of our strategy towards achieving this mission, and the development of this agenda and management of our research portfolio is driven by a team and advisors with both scientific and business expertise. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest funder of Parkinson's disease research outside the U.S. federal government, having funded $325 million in research projects globally in both academic and industry labs. In 2012, MJFF has a nearly $65 million annual revenue budget and 80 full-time employees. The Foundation funds research globally and works with donor constituents primarily in the United States.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research has an exciting learning opportunity available as an Finance Intern. This is a chance to work within a non-profit organization to gain firsthand knowledge on finance operations that help an organization reach its goal. For us that goal is funding research to cure Parkinson’s disease. We are seeking someone for this internship who is high-energy, detailed oriented and a self starter with strong inter-personal and communication skills. The individual for this role should also be able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment as there will be many deadlines to meet. The Finance Intern main responsibility is to support the Finance team in their day to day functions. This position will report to the Controller. This internship will begin immediately and will continue to the end of September depending on the candidates’ schedule. All interns are paid $15 stipend per day. Our general business hours are 9am to 6pm.
• Assist with preparing expense report
• Verify finance forms and information
• Special projects as needed
• Working with Excel spreadsheets
• Clerical duties. Including filing, faxing, making copies, creating new files etc...
• Other duties as assigned
• Microsoft Office skills are required, intermediate to advance Excel level.
• Must be a professional who is pro-active, self-directed, detail-oriented and organized.
• Must possess strong inter-personal skills.
• Must possess capacity to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates should send a resume and thoughtful cover letter describing your specific qualifications and interest in the position.
- Please, no telephone inquiries. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
- The Michael J. Fox Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.