CRM Coordinator at Michael J. Fox Foundation in New York, NY
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson’s disease. Our aggressively funded research agenda is a core part of our strategy towards achieving this mission, and the development of this agenda and management of our research portfolio is driven by a team and advisors with both scientific and business expertise. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest funder of Parkinson’s disease research outside the U.S. federal government, having funded over $300 million in research projects globally in both academic and industry labs. In 2012, MJFF has a nearly $65 million annual revenue budget and 70 full-time employees. The Foundation funds research globally and works with donor constituents primarily in the United States. This position is an onsite position in New York City (near midtown area) office and is not conducive to telecommuting. Some travel may be required.
The CRM Coordinator will be part of the Digital Strategy team reporting to the Associate Director Digital Strategy. The Digital Strategy team is responsible for the Foundation’s online presence as well as developing technology tools to better serve the Foundation’s mission. Technology and digital media are core elements of the Foundation’s strategy to accelerate Parkinson’s research by engaging more widely with, and bringing together, the research community, physicians, health professionals and most important, people with Parkinson's and their families. We believe that raising the Foundation’s profile with a broader audience online will help us more efficiently reach and mobilize highly engaged stakeholders who are more likely to feel personally vested in helping speed progress toward a cure.
Last summer MJFF launched a new CRM platform using Convio’s Luminate. Convio’s CRM is SaaS-based 360˚ data warehouse built on top of Salesforce.com that aggregates online and offline constituent and interaction data across multiple sources. The benefits of this new system are multiple including the ability for MJFF to have a 360˚ view of all our constituents (donors, Team Fox fundraisers, research partners and grant applicants) and a streamlined and integrated user experience online.
The CRM Coordinator is responsible for the implementation, data mining and business intelligence reporting to assist in projects across the Foundation. In this role the CRM Coordinator will help individuals and teams on how to use this tool to help achieve their goals. This includes all duties related to the day-to-day management of the Foundation’s CRM implementation. The ideal candidate will be process oriented, pay close attention to detail and have strong analytical thinking skills. This role is critical to ensuring that the Foundation properly utilizes and leverages the investment made in the CRM.
- Finalize implementation of the CRM across all departments at the Foundation
- Identify application related problems and work with stakeholders and/or vendor support to resolve issues.
- Establish the analytics for measuring and demonstrating ROI in our CRM infrastructure
- Collaborate with stakeholders on creating reports and dashboards to track ROI of various Foundation initiatives, including investments in development and communication activities
- Support ad-hoc requests for data, reports and analysis
- Work with donor services to reconcile finances by category/campaigns within the system
- Continuously improve data quality and reduce duplications within the CRM database
- Document all Foundation business rules associated with the CRM implementation. Maintain documentation as use evolves.
- Provide support to all users and act as the primary point of contact for end-user support.
- Deliver training and create all training materials. On-board new CRM users.
- Work with all levels of management to ensure key CRM functionalities are understood and that the Foundation’s technology/digital strategy is in line with the overall organizational priorities.
- Lead iterative needs-assessment with Foundation staff members- across departments to determine how the CRM can optimize their workflow
- Contribute to the identification and implementation of workflow process improvements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Candidates must have 2-3 years of experience with a leading CRM package and advanced Microsoft Excel skills. BS/BA degree required. Salesforce.com Administrator certification a plus.
Ideal candidates will also possess:
- Project management experience.
- Experience as an organization-wide CRM point person on fundraising platforms such as Salesforce, Convio or Blackbaud products.
- Excellent analytical skills with strong knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving capabilities with ability to think big picture while maintaining excellent attention to detail.
- Entrepreneurial approach; Results-oriented and proactive self-starter; strong sense of pace and urgency.
- Excellent business acumen, organizational assessment, creativity, interpersonal skills, and quantitative analytical abilities.
- Must be an outstanding communicator and be comfortable interacting with a diverse group of technical and non-technical people including senior executives, research, marketing, development, operations, customers and business partners.
- Demonstrated ability to manage effectively within a matrix organization and to lead and participate effectively on cross-functional teams.
- Passion for analytics as well as awareness of emerging technology trends (e.g. Salesforce App exchange)
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates should send a resume and thoughtful cover letter describing your specific qualifications and interest in the position.
- Please, no telephone inquiries. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
- The Michael J. Fox Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.