Lead / Senior Interaction Designer at M-GO in Burbank, CA
WHAT IS M-GO? Glad you asked.
M-GO is a powerful new app that elegantly streamlines all of your media together in one place including movies, music, TV and more. Formed in 2011, M-GO is a dynamic well-funded startup sprung from the cooperation of Technicolor and DreamWorks Animation. With a deep understanding of entertainment and technology in our DNA, M-GO is uniquely positioned to unify the fragmented landscape of entertainment into one seamless consumer-friendly solution.
The M-GO app will be available for download for free on all major operating systems. M-GO is preloaded on 2012 Samsung and Vizio Smart TV and Blu-ray players as well as Intel Ultrabooks, totaling up to 30 million installed devices. By blending effortless simplicity with cutting-edge functionality, M-GO allows you to enjoy the content you want, when you want it, on all your favorite devices.
THINK OUR APP SOUNDS FUN? JUST TRY WORKING HERE!
We are looking for a Lead/Sr. Interaction Designer to join our Product Management Team. This role will be primarily concerned with building intuitive, and emotionally compelling solutions for the video-on-demand and digital entertainment industry.
Our ideal candidate should have strong experience in:
- Employing UCD to create differentiated consumer experiences
- Interaction paradigms, user flows and behaviors as well as the development of information architecture on web, mobile, and television platforms
- Big picture thinking but still like to get your hands dirty in the details
- Solving complex problems through elegant simplicity
- Communicating and documenting your designs clearly enough to be understood by product managers and developers through wireframe specifications
- Ensuring designs meet product, business, and user requirements
- Partnering with Visual Designers to turn your wireframes into engaging high fidelity prototypes
- At least 7 years of industry experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, user interface designer, or similar role, designing interfaces for web, mobile, and TV applications
- Advanced degree in HCI, IxD, Cog Psy or other related discipline
- Must possess a solid working experience with appropriate prototyping and design tools including; Axure, Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, InDesign, Visio, OmniGraffle, etc.
- Should have experience with 10’ (TV) design considerations
- Strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills working within cross-functional teams
- Working knowledge of visual design principles and familiarity with HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, and Flash are “nice-to-have” skills
- An amazing online portfolio